Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: CBT apps  (Read 733 times)

Turtle 59

CBT apps
« on: February 21, 2024, 08:34:31 AM »

Hi, I have gone through the menopause but still struggling. My thoughts run my world and they aren't good thoughts. I always find the negative in everything, I make mountains out of mole hills. I can never seem to see the positive in anything. I did CBT when I was going through the menopause about 6 years ago but didn't really like using books. So I was wondering if anyone had used an app they could recommend, especially a free app.
Oh and after 10 years I am still getting hot flushes at night, oh the joys. I thought after all these years things would be getting better 🤦.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: CBT apps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 10:15:36 AM »

Morning.  I never found CBT helpful at all, face2face appts in those days  ::).  Relaxation therapy helped for a while for which I had tapes - remember those?  I would sit down with a cat on my lap, tape recorder playing: we would fall asleep.

How is your diet?  Do U sleep at all?  When stressed I have conversations in my head, 'putting the World to rights'.  I do have obsessive chaceristics.

The ovaries may still pump out a small amount of hormone even after menopause.  How do the flushes affect you?

Turtle 59

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 11:47:36 AM »

Hi, my diet is pretty good, trying to keep the cholesterol down and I exercise, swimming especially as training for a 3k swim. Sleep, well that can be good or poor. I seem to have a special time of 3.30 am that I wake up at and then the old brain goes into overdrive.
The flushes wake me sometimes, drenched chest and hairline.
Did think by now all that would have gone.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 12:59:12 PM »

How disappointed R U?   Do U get up to P?  That's my time, anywhere between 3.00-5.00 a.m. 

Rumination is my problem in the early hours, all the things that I ought to have completed over the last several years ....... then by morning I've forgotten what I need to do  :-\ I'm searching for paper work since 2 years ago, once found I can contact the person it needs to go to. 

Jules

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 06:41:24 PM »

Have you tried mindfulness? You can download recorded exercises. Funnily I used to get back to sleep after feeding my youngest son by using a mindfulness technique. I just didn't know that's what it was back then. I've used relaxation and mindfulness exercises from Dartmouth College in America. I'm nit sure I'm allowed to give the link on here?

Turtle 59

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 08:00:57 PM »

CLKD, disappointed as I don't know why I wake up, I just do and then the brain just goes into overdrive mode.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 08:02:35 PM »

Have U tried writing down your thought pattern in the early hours?  Perhaps that would get it out of the brain onto paper?

Turtle 59

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 08:03:49 PM »

Hi, I may give that ago :)

Turtle 59

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 08:05:57 PM »

Hi Jules, I will look into Mindfulness and look for apps to. :)

Blot

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 10:08:52 PM »

Hi Turtle 59. You will find you are definitely not alone on here.
I too blow things up out of all proportion and it’s exhausting at times.
If you find anything useful please let us know.

Jules

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 01:16:11 AM »

Hi Jules, I will look into Mindfulness and look for apps to. :)

I can find the linkk and message you

Turtle 59

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 08:38:24 AM »

Thanks Jules 😄