Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Insert to topical estradiol is SCARY!!!  (Read 544 times)

InnerDimensions 313!

• First Flush
Insert to topical estradiol is SCARY!!!
« on: April 18, 2024, 08:06:45 PM »

Hello again everyone, and thanks to everyone who has posted on my two other posts.

So last night I took my first dose of the Estradiol cream. Thankfully, it didn't seem to have any local irritation which I was anticipating. One thing though is, as with any medication that I get, I really do an in-depth study into it and reading the insert and all that before I use it, and if it wasn't for my desperation and being absolutely sick of fire crotch, I probably wouldn't be using it because the insert scared the life out of me! I mean seriously, I'm pretty sure a lot of people here have read the inserts to these estrogen products.. I mean geez, I get it, the pharm companies want to cya, cover their butts, but geez, with an insert like that, I wonder how many people have just read the insert and then decided not to use the product after all?? I still don't really know if whether I consider everything they wrote as being realistic possibilities. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not really sure when I do the cost benefit analysis if the fear of the things they mentioned is even all that valid. I don't know. I guess I'm just rambling here, it's just that when I read that insert, it freaked me out, but fortunately I found many women on this site and elsewhere that have said otherwise so that makes me feel better :)

sheila99

Re: Insert to topical estradiol is SCARY!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 08:58:28 PM »

Perhaps the thing to keep hold of is that most women don't have problems so the chances are you will be fine. And the alternative is much worse...   >:(

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 09:41:36 PM »

All meds have scary leaflets that are aimed to frightened the bejezus out of us. Throw it away, stop thinking too deeply and take your meds, it will do you good.
 :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 07:36:38 AM »

R U Stateside?

Morning.  I never read the inserts .   I go by what my prescribing practitioner suggests as well as sharing experiences on MM.  The condition may well become worse without treatment.

Let us know how you get on.  What's the worst that could happen either with or without using the VA treatment?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 02:50:52 PM »

I read somewhere, probably on here, that they are due to update the leaflets because they treat the topical treatment eg vagifem and estriol / ovestin the same as HRT. The topical treatment have very small quantities of oestrogen in them compared with HRT. Incidentally, I use both and  when I was reluctant to start some years ago, my GP said the risks were less than drinking a glass of wine. Basic painkillers also have scary leaflets and millions take them daily.

Turkish delight

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 03:09:47 PM »

I don't read them either. We all do it differently!

I used to, then found myself manifesting it later to realise symptoms were unrelated to the product or worse, imagined.

Try not to be afraid of estrogen, it's your old best friend come back in your life only to help you function normally again.
HRT stands for hormone REPLACEMENT therapy, you are just replacing a deficiency, it's not toxic.
You used to have estrogen coursing through your whole body since puberty, then it helped keep everything lubricated and healthy,
and can again when replaced so try not to worry if you can.

If you think you have a side effect(after not reading an insert)you can get someone in your family to read it and see if that symptom is mentioned for your peace of mind.

TD
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 03:24:08 PM by Turkish delight »