Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post first, introduce self second - apologies for my rudeness!  (Read 2127 times)

PiratePal

• First Flush
Post first, introduce self second - apologies for my rudeness!
« on: February 19, 2024, 05:12:36 PM »

So desperate am I that I didn't introduce myself before my first post!  Forgive me.

I live in the UK and have 2 boys, 3 dogs, and a cat (and the husband who puts up with far more than he gives). I've rarely been ill, never had any issues with periods or hormones, and generally lived the life of riley... until I hit 47!  It's like it saved everything up to hit me all at once. I survived until I was 49 because I'm stubborn, but then I couldn't take any more (the sudden snoring did it!) so now I'm starting month 4 of HRT.

I feel like a hypochondriac and so guilty about it all the time! Hoping to restore some sanity by reading the posts here.

Shout out to all the other women who have lost all semblance of themselves. Please let it be done soon!  :bang:

jaypo

Re: Post first, introduce self second - apologies for my rudeness!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 06:57:37 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum,don't worry,you're not alone on here. Meno can change your life and hit you like a cyclone.
We do have a thread called "what I've diagnosed myself with" if you have a look,you'll see you're not the only hypochondriac

sheila99

Re: Post first, introduce self second - apologies for my rudeness!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 07:47:49 PM »

Oh yes, sadly not uncommon at all. I turned from laid back and active to a snarling couch potato. If I was my OH I'd have run for the hills.