Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleeding and headaches  (Read 2663 times)

shrosphirelass

Post menopausal bleeding and headaches
« on: February 17, 2024, 03:18:29 PM »

Can anyone explain to me why whenever I have episodes of beeding, which happens frequently I get bad headaches? They feel the same as when I used to get headaches just before a period. This makes me think its hormonal, but as I am 61 and on a conti regime it doesn't make any sense to me. It may explain why I have build up of my lining though.

Jules

Re: Post menopausal bleeding and headaches
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 08:35:11 AM »

Are you had blood tests to check you're not anaemic? Have you had any checks for the bleeding? I've just had to stop my vaginal estrogen because I had a bleed.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 01:17:35 PM »

I'm currently waiting for an urgent hysterocopy following a "worrying scan". My blood count is below normal but not by much so they're not concerned. I also have episodes of extreme dizziness which I thought may be due to anaemia. I feel like I'm falling apart at the seams.

I'm surprised they've suggested you stop the vaginal estrogen as the dose is minimal. No one has suggested I stop HRT despite my current problems.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 03:43:19 PM »

Were you meno before you started hrt? A conti regime won't stop your own cycle if you still have one though the continuous progesterone may (or may not) be enough to stop you bleeding. Some women aren't meno till their early 60s so it's possible it's your own hormones. I had 3 last year and have had one since being 63.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 04:05:57 PM »

Hi SHeila99, I have wondered about this. I am nearly 62.

I went on HRT, first evorel sequi age 57  and then swapped to evorel conti age 59. I was still having regular periods when I started HRT.

When I have had my frequent episodes of bleeding the gynaes wil not contemplate that I am not menopausal. My husband is convinced this is the case and I really hope it is, as it would explian all my symptoms and the fluctuations in the endrometrial lining.

Jules

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 05:56:50 PM »

I'm currently waiting for an urgent hysterocopy following a "worrying scan". My blood count is below normal but not by much so they're not concerned. I also have episodes of extreme dizziness which I thought may be due to anaemia. I feel like I'm falling apart at the seams.

I'm surprised they've suggested you stop the vaginal estrogen as the dose is minimal. No one has suggested I stop HRT despite my current problems.

She told me she's following the guidance and also it will help identify an whether it's the vagifem. I've asked for a scan though. When I had a bleed 3 years ago I was told to stop it by a different doctor

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 10:08:32 PM »

Hi SHeila99, I have wondered about this. I am nearly 62.

I went on HRT, first evorel sequi age 57  and then swapped to evorel conti age 59. I was still having regular periods when I started HRT.

When I have had my frequent episodes of bleeding the gynaes wil not contemplate that I am not menopausal. My husband is convinced this is the case and I really hope it is, as it would explian all my symptoms and the fluctuations in the endrometrial lining.
I started hrt at 57 too when I was mostly regular and was still having less frequent periods at 61. I made the mistake of mentioning to my gp the 2 periods I'd had in the previous 3 months - cue panic and urgent referral for 'unexplained bleeding' ???. I get sore boobs with progesteronevso I know it's my own hormones. But according to some textbook somewhere everyone is meno by 54...

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 09:00:10 PM »

I thought they were be trained to look at the patient holistically and as an idividual. It seems like any slight deviation from the norm is not acceptable. Have they not heard of a normal distriburtion curve which means tails at both ends ie early menpause and late menopause - and they are suppossed to be scienists!