Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sex with VA  (Read 955 times)

Lily35

Sex with VA
« on: February 19, 2024, 02:52:02 PM »

Hi all,
I have my VA under control - took a couple of years trial and error (lots of frustration and wine!!) and now settled on 1.5mg Sandrena, Vagifem 3 x weekly and Ovestin externally a few days a week too.
Pain, soreness and urination frequency well managed mostly.
However…!  I am in a fairly new relationship and of course having regular sex. This generates 24 hours of symptoms after sex which feels a bit of a backwards step.
I have no probs with lubrication and don’t feel sore at all during sex. Yes OB/ WB irritate me a bit but I do use Yes VM.

Any suggestions or thoughts?   Other lube that works well and doesn’t irritate?  Would increasing my VF or Ovestin eventually help me?
Thanks 🤩

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sex with VA
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 04:09:23 PM »

Oh lucky girl I well remember ............  :-X  :whist:  :bed:  then we got married  ;)

Do a Pee B4 going off to sleep after being intimate.  Also add your VA treatment every night or morning: depending on when you get it together: for a while, as the area will require a little TLC.  Regardless of the amount of natural lubrication, extra won't do any harm, i.e. KY Jelly prior to ..........

Jules

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 11:01:58 AM »

Hi all,
I have my VA under control - took a couple of years trial and error (lots of frustration and wine!!) and now settled on 1.5mg Sandrena, Vagifem 3 x weekly and Ovestin externally a few days a week too.
Pain, soreness and urination frequency well managed mostly.
However…!  I am in a fairly new relationship and of course having regular sex. This generates 24 hours of symptoms after sex which feels a bit of a backwards step.
I have no probs with lubrication and don’t feel sore at all during sex. Yes OB/ WB irritate me a bit but I do use Yes VM.

Any suggestions or thoughts?   Other lube that works well and doesn’t irritate?  Would increasing my VF or Ovestin eventually help me?
Thanks 🤩
Lily, I also had after effects following sex despite having no issues during sex. Mine included lower pelvic discomfort and feeling I might have uti.  They didn't start till the day after either. I've recently had a rough internal examination too which resulted in the same symptoms. It can last a couple of days. I used to get a discharge after,  I think from my thinning vaginal tissues and frequentbouths of bacterial vaginosis. Once I'd treated that with estrogen the discharge and vaginosis stopped. My Gp told me we simply can't artificially replace the amount of estrogen that's been lost nor reverse aging but it can be improved and symptoms alleviated. She told me to follow the rules. Cleaning and peeing  before and after, drink plenty to flush through. It can be a passion killer and I'd sometimes forget but it can help. As for the pelvic discomfort, we get bashed a bit inside and are a bit more fragile as we age. I'm contemplating joining a convent😊

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 11:13:40 AM »

I would up the amount of Vagifem you are using. My sex life takes a bit of planning as I have an older teen living in house who has made it clear that sex past 40 is obscene ;D so if I think it may be on the cards I use extra Vagifem. Sensilube by Durex is the only one that doesn't irritate me, the Yes one does although it seems to be popular.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 12:05:47 PM »

Tinkerbell - Your older teen will, 1 day, look back and think ............  ;D   :whist:

Jules

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 12:59:43 PM »

I would up the amount of Vagifem you are using. My sex life takes a bit of planning as I have an older teen living in house who has made it clear that sex past 40 is obscene ;D so if I think it may be on the cards I use extra Vagifem. Sensilube by Durex is the only one that doesn't irritate me, the Yes one does although it seems to be popular.
I had my best sex life when I was divirced and reached 60. These young ones!

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 04:36:42 PM »

Lucky you Jules!  I would increase the vagifem frequency sometimes.  Also as said, peeing before and after and lots of water.  Shower your vagina before and after may help.  All rather passion killers but it better than sore bits.

Lily35

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 09:48:41 AM »

Thanks ladies.  Had my fair share of cystitis over the years so am used to the washing/weeding routine.
I think it’s probably due to the tissue damage that has already been done, just frustrates me to think I’m going back to being sore again and that it’s unlikely to improve.
Have started using ovestin internally on the days I’m not using the vf to see if that helps at all  :)