Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Blissel Vaginel Gel  (Read 899 times)

cebe

Blissel Vaginel Gel
« on: February 22, 2024, 10:33:36 AM »

Hi Ladies. Been using Blissel gel for 5 nights now and noticed this morning white gunk coming out.
I am still sore/burning but I expect that because its early days but did'nt expect white stuff to come out because its a clear gel. Has anyone else experienced this when starting the gel because I really hope I'm not getting thrush. I could'nt bear that as well as the vaginal atrophy.
Thanks.

PearlJ

Re: Blissel Vaginel Gel
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 10:50:39 AM »

Yep me too!
I haven’t had a discharge in about 20 years and now after starting to use this I need to use pant liners! The hope I had for getting my sex life back on track has somewhat faded with the thought of having embarrassing discharge! I’ve been using it since December but I have to say I’ve probably used it less than I should because of this. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 11:32:10 AM »

It mayB the filler/packaging that the vagina is discharging rather than the active ingredient.  What goes up etc. ;-).

Continue until you get symptoms under control, there are other VA appropriate products: 'vagifem' and 'ovestin' used separately or together; the first into the vagina and the latter smeared around the outer areas to keep tissues soft and less dry.  It's a bit Trial and Error.  ::)

bluebird68

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 03:39:26 PM »

I am on blissel for external and invaggis pessaries for internal. I was and still am getting white discharge which is apparently not thrush or any other issue. Body natural discharge.
You could ask your GP to take a swab to be sure or give it some time to see if settled. Any itching? Smell?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 03:44:30 PM »

The vagina cleanses itself and as we age VA treatment certainly helps that process.  Is the discharge continual ?

cebe

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 04:55:24 PM »

There is no itching or smell . I'm very sore though. The discharge is white and a bit lumpy. I thought that as the Blissel gel was clear there would'nt be any white discharge. I went to chemist to see if I could get buy a thrush test kit but was told as I am over 60 years old they could'nt sell me one. 

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 05:23:54 PM »

Oh for goodness sake - though if there's no irritation or whiff it's unlikely to be thrush.  4 me it itches intensely, too high up to scratch!!!

MayB ask for a different VA treatment?