Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 3rd lot of HRT - help!  (Read 465 times)

Dina19

• First Flush
3rd lot of HRT - help!
« on: February 19, 2024, 11:35:38 AM »

Hi there
Had the coil for 11 years but when they removed they couldn't insert a new one.
Tried gel and progesterone tablets but was then given evorel conti. Tried this for 9 months but still getting low mood.
Thought I might need more eastrogen?
GP has now given me evorel 75 patches with 5mg of norethisterone tablets. Have had a dark brown period with period pain for 10 days 😞after trying these for 1 month.
I really don't know if I am peri, in meno or post meno, I am 53. 🤔 Neither does the GP!
Should I go back to gel maybe or just give these patches a bit longer?
Be grateful for any help or experience with this 🙏

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 3rd lot of HRT - help!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 01:05:32 PM »

Hi.   :welcomemm: to the wonderful World of confusion  ::)

Peri-menopause are the years when women may notice differences in periods.  After they appear to stop we are advised to count 12 months B4 we consider being in menopause = last monthly bleed. 

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.  75 patches mayB too much too soon ........ some find that cutting them into small pieces to add to 25 might work.

U could ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic.  There are waiting lists both for NHS and Private Clinics so getting onto a list then cancelling an appt if no longer required might be the way to go.

How do U feel overall?

sheila99

Re: 3rd lot of HRT - help!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 01:31:05 PM »

Ars you on a sequi or conti regime? IIWY I'd start on a sequi regime where you take progesterone for part if the month and have a bleed. This way you know if it's the oestrogen or the progesterone that's the problem (it's usually progesterone). Some women aren't meno till their early 60s so you could well still be peri. If you use anything except a mirena if you still have your own cycle you're likely to get bleeding. If you're meno you can get some bleeding in the first 3-6 months of a new conti regime They say you should trial a new hrt for 3 months to get the full effect.
 How is your libido? If it's low/absent you might consider testosterone once you have the oestrogen/progesterone sorted out. It helped my l mood but my libido was zero so I was definitely deficient.