Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pain in right breast with nodule and lump  (Read 7040 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pain in right breast with nodule and lump
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 09:59:03 AM »

My lump was found on palpation, never showed on mammogram or ultra sound. 

Hawthorns

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2024, 11:48:20 AM »

My lump was found on palpation, never showed on mammogram or ultra sound.

Thank you for the heads up on that. With such big boobs, they did warn me about not picking things up at my last mammogram.

Hawthorns

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2024, 11:50:17 AM »

I've had brrast exam this week at the doctors as I had breast pain and I was the opposite.  Daren't poke about at all, kept doing quick sweep over, think I was scared of feeling something that could be something if that makes sense. But as hard as it is, try to stop self diagnosing or second guessing and dont keep prodding. It's torture waiting but try to get an earlier one or find lots of distraction and it will be here before you know.

Thank you for your message. I'm a dreadful overthinker who needs to have every scrap of info I can find. It's self-torture. Have you been referred?

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2024, 01:02:09 PM »

Once I have found 'something' I'm at it ........... if after 2 weeks it ain't worse then I find something else to whitter about  ::). How do u feel overall?

Jules

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2024, 01:26:54 PM »

I've had brrast exam this week at the doctors as I had breast pain and I was the opposite.  Daren't poke about at all, kept doing quick sweep over, think I was scared of feeling something that could be something if that makes sense. But as hard as it is, try to stop self diagnosing or second guessing and dont keep prodding. It's torture waiting but try to get an earlier one or find lots of distraction and it will be here before you know.

Thank you for your message. I'm a dreadful overthinker who needs to have every scrap of info I can find. It's self-torture. Have you been referred?

No, she thinks it's a side effect of hrt and its now subsided. I do get it usually in one breast now and again. But as I said I had breast cysts aspirated for 10 years and then I once had to have vacuum biopsy so I always get checked out.

Hawthorns

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 09:05:20 PM »

No, she thinks it's a side effect of hrt and its now subsided. I do get it usually in one breast now and again. But as I said I had breast cysts aspirated for 10 years and then I once had to have vacuum biopsy so I always get checked out.

So glad you were ok but the aspirations and biopsy sound horrendous. I had no idea of any of this. I just don't feel prepared for menopause at all. It seems to have snuck up and overtaken me somewhere inbetween having kids, working and being too busy to appreciate youth, health and life.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2024, 09:08:35 PM »

Menopause: the change.  Something we were probably aware of as no more periods and a few hot flushes ?  ::)

I hardly felt the aspiration and deep needle biopsy. 

Hawthorns

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2024, 09:10:00 PM »

Once I have found 'something' I'm at it ........... if after 2 weeks it ain't worse then I find something else to whitter about  ::). How do u feel overall?

Thank you for asking; I really appreciate it. And that someone else does the same as me!  ;D

I've just felt tired for what feels like forever and with all the other aches, pains and emotional rollercoasters, you just try to get on with it. I swear, something different hurts every single day and having read things on here now, I realise that I'm not a total freak because everyone else goes through it too. Seems pretty unfair after periods and childbirth!  :-\

Hawthorns

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2024, 09:12:41 PM »

Menopause: the change.  Something we were probably aware of as no more periods and a few hot flushes ?  ::)

I hardly felt the aspiration and deep needle biopsy.

Absolutely, no one ever mentioned all the other sh*t!  ;D

As for aspiration (never heard of that before) and biopsy, I'll let you know...! Blessings to you. I really appreciate all this. x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2024, 09:58:34 PM »

I didn't go the children route - my 5 friends all had 3 kids each  ;D

Give yourself a treat tomorrow ;-). 

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2024, 10:00:32 PM »

Carpal tunnel syndrome is common in pregnant women and resolves after delivery.  Night sprints might help.  Splints even  ;D

Is the pain sciatica;  I thought I was suffering but a physio but it turns out to be bursisitis ...... she advised stretching exercises  :-\.   :D. Although the area does feel where the sciatic nerve emerges in the buttock the area occasionally itches. 

Right - off for my bath.  C U in the morning.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:02:44 PM by CLKD »

Jules

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2024, 11:23:19 PM »

The cyst aspiration wasn't a problem.  My surgeon was very skilful.  I had a vacuum biopsy not a needle biopsy and they took over 30 samples and left quite a mess. But mine was unusual apparently.  The consultant took photos. I've always found those at the breast clinics brilliant, loads better than any other department I've been to. Try not to imagine what it is, there's no certainty until you've been checked and you'll tire yourself out.

Hawthorns

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2024, 08:54:59 PM »

Carpal tunnel syndrome is common in pregnant women and resolves after delivery.  Night sprints might help.  Splints even  ;D

Is the pain sciatica;  I thought I was suffering but a physio but it turns out to be bursisitis ...... she advised stretching exercises  :-\.   :D. Although the area does feel where the sciatic nerve emerges in the buttock the area occasionally itches. 

Right - off for my bath.  C U in the morning.

I've got carpal tunnel (since 2002) and sciatica down my right side. Sadly the splints don't help and the operation (2009) is wearing off after all these years. I've had 5 children (including twins) and my pelvic floor is doubly shot too with cystocele and rectocele. What joy! Bursitis sounds horrid. I don't want that as well!

Hawthorns

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2024, 08:56:42 PM »

The cyst aspiration wasn't a problem.  My surgeon was very skilful.  I had a vacuum biopsy not a needle biopsy and they took over 30 samples and left quite a mess. But mine was unusual apparently.  The consultant took photos. I've always found those at the breast clinics brilliant, loads better than any other department I've been to. Try not to imagine what it is, there's no certainty until you've been checked and you'll tire yourself out.

All this info is good to know (if unpleasant to read!) - so thank you. x

Hawthorns

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2024, 09:01:13 PM »

I didn't go the children route - my 5 friends all had 3 kids each  ;D

Give yourself a treat tomorrow ;-).

Hope you had a lovely bath. Took your advice, or rather, my husband did. He whisked me off for a bracing sea walk in Whitby followed by fish and chips so it was a lovely surprise treat (albeit wet and cold).

Given my expanding waistline recently, there could also be a bit of PCOS playing up with high estrogen and low progesterone which would explain a few other symptoms over the last few months. Maybe going a bit far with those 4 pumps a day!  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3