Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Quick update on my switch to norithisterone!  (Read 806 times)

violetbat

Quick update on my switch to norithisterone!
« on: February 16, 2024, 10:05:59 AM »

Hello!
After 5 years of putting up with utrogestan and suffering every month with pain and bloating- to the extent that some months I would get to day 9 of it and have to stop because the womb ache was unbearable- I asked to be switched to norithisterone.
I have been taking 2.5 mg - half a tablet for 6 days now.
There is some aching still - but it is so much better for me than utrogestan. Even with the slight period type ache I don’t have any bloating and not as many spots.
They want me to go on a lower dose conti regime but I am reluctant. The tablets aren’t available anyway!

sheila99

Re: Quick update on my switch to norithisterone!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 10:49:44 AM »

Thanks for the update. Glad it's suiting you.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 11:20:40 AM »

Great to have an update. Sounds as if it's much better for you.

Taz x  :)

Bindi

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:17:09 PM »

I have been on this MM page for over 2rs now this page for me was a god send..ive read more post then you could think of ..its been my ŕelaxation of a night after work..when i go to bed i read these posts..for me when i joined here my life felt like it was over i was  looking for  answers..mine was ovestin..it took to start maybe 5 days..im now in my nearly  2 yrs of just using ovestin to make me feel normal...im just trying to say..start  slow and see how you feel..maybe a little cream is better then a full hrt
Im no dr just saying ..it worked for me after 3 yrs  ive feeling like  shit ..sometimes less is more ..im post meno ..but maybe it doesnt matter just saying ..gd luck

Katymac

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 06:34:03 PM »

Well I only put up with ulrogstan for about 6 weeks during a patch shortage!
Then back to evoral conti

Then I tried evoral 75 with norethisterone (it was supposed to be 5 but I cut it in half) & that didn't work well for me either so I'm staying on norethisterone within the evoral conti which isn't perfect but it's bloody good