Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Gepretix vaginally  (Read 6483 times)

cw8888

• First Flush
Gepretix vaginally
« on: February 16, 2024, 09:09:27 AM »

Hi, I recently picked up my prescription of Utrogestan only to find it has been replaced with Gepretix.  I understand that they are pretty much identical.

My question is, I’ve been using Utrogestan vaginally and I want to know if I can use the Gepretix in the same way? 

I asked the pharmacist who said he didn’t know as it would be off label use even for the Utrogestan and to check with my GP, the problem is I can never get through to my GP and for a general enquiry it takes when ages to get back to you.
I’ve looked online and there only seem to be a few posts about Gepretix.  I just wondered if any of you used Gepretix vaginally instead of orally?
Thanks in advance  :)

gipsybabe

• First Flush
Re: Gepretix vaginally
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 02:22:39 PM »

I’ve just had the same issue. Logged in to see if I can find the answer🙄

Polpringle

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 06:05:55 PM »

I am on my second month of using vaginally same as I used Utro with no problems at all

Monica24

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 04:13:03 PM »

Hello, I'm in the same situation and hope to revive this conversation.

I have used Ultrogestan vaginally and orally, and both ways work for me. But last month, I was given Gepretix. I'm taking it orally and I'm feeling drained and in a low mood. It could be just a coincidence, but I want to check. I was thinking of using Gepretix vaginally so less drug would be circulating in my system.

However, differently from Ultrogenstan, Gepretix contains grape seed oil. I'm unsure if this makes it suitable for the vagina and the cervix mucosa. It is probably okay in the short term, but would it work in the long term?

I hope to hear about some experiences with Gepretix orally (does it make sense to feel more tired than with Ultrogestan) and also vaginally (any symptoms in the long term?).

Many thanks!

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 02:55:21 PM »

Hi Monica24

This thread and your post prompted me to look into this further and I thought it warranted a post on a separate thread, so I've started another one about it.

Suffice to say yes it can be used vaginally or orally in the same way as Utrogestan - it is just variations in individual countries licensing that accounts for the differences.

cw8888 - also see my new post

Monica  - you might like to introduce yourself in new members section and tell us a little more about yourself so you will get more responses that way?

Hurdity x
 :welcomemm:

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2024, 08:19:03 PM »

Hi, I recently picked up my prescription of Utrogestan only to find it has been replaced with Gepretix.  I understand that they are pretty much identical.

My question is, I’ve been using Utrogestan vaginally and I want to know if I can use the Gepretix in the same way? 

I asked the pharmacist who said he didn’t know as it would be off label use even for the Utrogestan and to check with my GP, the problem is I can never get through to my GP and for a general enquiry it takes when ages to get back to you.
I’ve looked online and there only seem to be a few posts about Gepretix.  I just wondered if any of you used Gepretix vaginally instead of orally?
Thanks in advance  :)
I got gepretix and assumed you could use it vaginally so I have been.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2024, 08:19:24 PM »

I am on my second month of using vaginally same as I used Utro with no problems at all
thanks