Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Some advice re hrt patches  (Read 1630 times)

Hezzi

Some advice re hrt patches
« on: February 20, 2024, 04:55:32 PM »

Hello 👋 I'm still relatively new to posting. I started on hrt (Evoril Conti 50 mcgs) in May 2023 after several years of night sweats, hot flashes, anxiety and generally like my personality had disappeared! All was good and I felt back to my old self until December where my anxiety went through the roof, I lost my appetite, wobbly legged and tummy upset. Gp reckoned it was viral but a month later tummy/bowels still not settled and anxiety was still up. Also had ravenous hunger! Could go for 1.5 hours where tummy would be rumbling and I'd be feeling faint. Gp changed hrt to Evoril conti 75 mcgs and a prog pill. I've been on this new patch/pill for 2 weeks now and feeling a little jittery, crampy (as if I'm about to have a period) and very sore breasts.

Does it sound link this doseage of oestrogen might be too high? Or could it be the progesterone? And, should i resort back to the Evoril Conti 50 mcgs?

Amerififer

Re: Some advice re hrt patches
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 05:02:19 PM »

Hiya and welcome to the forum Hezzi, :)

I started off on Everol Conti ( only comes in 50mcg as its a combined patch..The active ingredients contained in Evorel Conti patches are: 3.2mg estradiol hemihydrate, 11.2mg norethisterone acetate. The patch will release 50mcg estradiol and 170mcg norethisterone per day.)

It worked great .... for a while then the ole symptoms came back with a vengence.. For me what is working so far is an Everol Conti patch, an everol 25 patch..

Also within the last 6 months started on escitalopram (anti depressant) ....Doing much better on newer regime...
Thing is... different things work for different folks.. Important thing is to speak to you GP and let him/her know how you are feeling..

Hezzi

Re: Some advice re hrt patches
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 05:21:06 PM »

Hi Amerififer. Thanks for your advice. I never considered that I might need to have lower dosage, though can appreciate its different strokes for different folks! Last time I spoke to doctor, they didnt really seem to have an answer and were asking me questions related to seasonally affected disorder! I suggested a higher dose patch and she agreed. Also, my gp is very hard to get a hold of. The practice appear to only do a phone consultation and even then its about a week/10days in advance 🙃 Still,  I'll persevere!