Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is anyone taking DHEA?  (Read 2669 times)

CrispyChick

Is anyone taking DHEA?
« on: February 15, 2024, 12:24:52 PM »

I'll cut a long story short. I'm peri and just re-started taking the mini pill, cerazette, to stop ovulation and my horrific estrogen spikes.

However, I know from previous experiences my mood will suffer in this mini pill. Pms will be one horrific.

I was previously trialling hormonal treatment with a bhrt clinic. However, I just couldn't get on with E or P.

In my early days of treatment I was also given dhea and testosterone. But I stopped that as there were too many variables at the time.

Looking back now, I had such a lovely calm, happy mood by the end of 7 weeks on Dhea (but my other stuff was still hell). I'm wondering if it's worth me retrying dhea on top of the mini pill.

Anyone use dhea??? Experiences????

KaraShannon

Re: Is anyone taking DHEA?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 01:13:55 PM »

I've never took it so can't help, sorry, but curious what benefits it's supposed to have.

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 01:56:55 PM »

I 'think' mood is one of them. Basically it converts to test or estrogen. So it can be helpful.

AngelaH

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:34:17 AM »

I was prescribed Dhea, took them for 3 days and stoped because they made me feel ill. I wasn’t looking for testosterone because my own testosterone level was normal, but agreed to try Dhea in case if it would increase my estrogen level. Within first hours I noticed testosterone side affects on my face and then I started experiencing headaches and generally felt very unwell, also my energy level dropped to the bottom.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 10:35:23 PM »

I 'think' mood is one of them. Basically it converts to test or estrogen. So it can be helpful.

Thanks.  I'll have a look and see if there are any foods naturally high in it to start with.