Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: White Discharge  (Read 3294 times)

bluebird68

Re: White Discharge
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2024, 07:27:46 PM »

Foreign body is a mystery. If i get any more so called foreign body I will be returning for further investigation. Definitely not tampons and doubt toilet tissues would travel up. It's hard to know if gyna left something behind. I have started ovestin. Thanks for all your input. X

bluebird68

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2024, 02:24:45 PM »

Update - returned to GP today.

Still lots of white yoghurt like discharge with odd microscopic debri

I am on Sandrena 1.5g and recently started ovestin internally

My womb biopsy normal

Above pubic bone feels tender. No water Infection

Sexual health clinic unable to grow thrush

GP examined me said she couldn't see anything concerning. Lots of discharge

Said to drop the Sandrena to 1g and keep on with ovestin and said her may be the cause of the discharge. Said it's not VA because I am on large dose of Sandrena 1.5g?

Weirdly when I was on fluconazole although it didn't solve the discharge I felt better. Brain fog had gone. I was on it for six weeks. All a mystery.
Has anyone experienced anything like this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2024, 02:56:58 PM »

WRONG!  VA presents with/without HRT.  Some find that systemic replacement may help to ease symptoms but locally applied VA treatment is the best way to keep symptoms under control.

The vagina cleanses naturally and of course, what goes up has to come down ;-).  If all is normal I wouldn't worry.  Keep on with the 'ovestin'. 

bluebird68

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2024, 03:49:46 PM »

Thanks CLKD. I will keep up with the ovestin. Personally I don't think the 1.5 Sandrena is causing issues as I've been taking that's a very long time without any issues. I think the extreme burn from the boots vaginal gel. Thank you for your reply x

dangermouse

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2024, 05:44:33 PM »

Just a thought, I had what looked like thrush but was not itchy for a few months.

I tried the fluconazole and also Canestan  pessary but neither worked. I tried Blissel water based local oestrogen which just irritated it. I was then advised by GP to do the Canestan dual pack of pessary once and then the cream for a full week. This did the trick so local may be better way to get on top of it. It’s not returned.

bluebird68

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2024, 10:22:52 PM »

Thank you Dangermouse. Anything is worth a try. I think some clinicians are clueless. Even middle aged lady GP. Sure they are artificial intelligence not quite up to date haha

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2024, 10:11:21 AM »

bluebird - is the area irritated, sore ........ how thick is the discharge?  If watery it's probably the VA treatment working.

bluebird68

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2024, 03:34:30 PM »

@cara999 thick white Discharge with occasional debris. Apparently not thrush as could not be grown.

Update today saw a gyno privately examined me looks like atrophy, all appears healthy otherwise Had a smear and high vaginal swab and blood tests ca125.

Womb biopsy previously is normal.

I have a private prescription to try lenzetto, blissel and imvaggis pessaries and hopefully this will help with symptoms. Said the white discharge isn't to do with hrt.  Discard old regime once items received.

She has written to gp to ask for a blood test oestrogen to see if I'm absorbing in a month's time and to source the times on NHS.

Does anyone know if all these items are available NHS going forward.

Anyway, just sharing as some other ladies may wish to consider if their regime isn't working for them.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2024, 03:51:35 PM »

Well done for pushing for a diagnosis.

The products suggested should be available  via your GP.  Some can be a bit iffy when we go privately however. If a Consultant writes to a GP with suggestions, on the whole they should prescribe without getting grumpy about it ;-).

Let us know how you get on.  It's all about sharing information and hopefully GPs will learn ;-)

Penguin

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2024, 04:34:22 PM »

@cara999 thick white Discharge with occasional debris. Apparently not thrush as could not be grown.

Update today saw a gyno privately examined me looks like atrophy, all appears healthy otherwise Had a smear and high vaginal swab and blood tests ca125.

Womb biopsy previously is normal.

I have a private prescription to try lenzetto, blissel and imvaggis pessaries and hopefully this will help with symptoms. Said the white discharge isn't to do with hrt.  Discard old regime once items received.

She has written to gp to ask for a blood test oestrogen to see if I'm absorbing in a month's time and to source the times on NHS.

Does anyone know if all these items are available NHS going forward.

Anyway, just sharing as some other ladies may wish to consider if their regime isn't working for them.

I've attached a link below which shows the NHS hrt products available, and these are all covered by the annual hrt exemption certificate, so free! All of your products are listed,  so GP should defo be able to prescribe.

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/help-nhs-prescription-costs/nhs-hormone-replacement-therapy-prescription-prepayment-certificate-hrt-ppc/medicines-covered-hrt-ppc

Cara999

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2024, 07:08:36 PM »

So glad your finally getting somewhere and actually have a diagnosis. Hopefully you will now to start to get some relief xxx

bluebird68

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2024, 10:16:27 PM »

Thank you all for the information and replies, this forum has helped me over the years with support. I hope my story helps someone else. Will update the story at a later date aswell.
Pages: 1 [2]