Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kicking & Nausea  (Read 1117 times)

Charleyfarley

Kicking & Nausea
« on: February 12, 2024, 05:51:47 PM »

Evening 🤗

I have the strangest thing going on right now and can’t believe I’m going to write this symptom 😮 it has to be my craziest yet….

Has anybody experienced feelings that resemble a baby kicking/fluttering around their naval? And they are definitely not pregnant just to add!!!

I have had the worst nausea and strange noises coming from my tummy. Really really loud. For weeks. No pain. Just noise. And the strangest fluttering/kicking feeling around belly button. In research there were some ladies in another menk forum saying they had this exact symptom and it drove them crazy…

So strange. And tummy feels like it’s being sucked in. Going to GP in the morning but I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this.

I’m convinced it’s stress and anxiety as I’m so so full full of anxiety right now. I have just never felt kicks like this before 🤷‍♀️xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Kicking & Nausea
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 06:27:00 PM »

Wind?

I can sometimes watch wind bubbles travel down my belly towards the belly button ............ especially in the bath  :o.

How is your diet over all?  R U eating processed foods, I found in recent years that they gave me nausea, slower transit and  :-X.  Changing to more fresh veg. in our evening meal has helped. 

How often do you eat?  DH's guts have been noisy for months  :o  ::) but he feels OK. Apparently.  Mine begin to rumble when the stomach is empty .........

Let us know how you get on.

Charleyfarley

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 06:38:57 PM »

Aaaah thanks you CKLD….

I definitely feel it’s wind related! Your wind bubbles in the bath made me laugh out loud 😂🤗 I can press on my tummy and feel the bubbles of wind pop! I’ve just never really rumbled unless I’ve been hungry and the last few weeks they’ve been singing from the rooftops no matter if I’m hungry or full! So loud and varied 😂 and the sucking in feels very much like anxiety related, like when i think about it I blow my stomach out to stop the clench…really strange…

None of the symptoms are too much to take, it’s just the usual psychological aspect, “is it something bad….”

My diets been really quite balanced since I came off HRT, purposely really for damage limitation…fruit, veggies, plenty of water, odd square of dark choc or cake…

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 06:40:21 PM »

Oh lots of chocolate, dark and others  ;) but not shop bought cakes, pastries, croissants etc..

Goldie70

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 06:51:44 PM »

The menopause seems to throw all sorts of weird symptoms that increase anxiety for sure.  It’s so hard to know is it the menopause or something else.  I seem to be hyper aware of everything my body does at the moment .. vicious cycle as it then causes anxiety which causes symptoms in itself.

Charleyfarley

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 06:56:41 PM »

Oh abso-flippin-lutely Goldie! I’d say Heath anxiety that developed in peri has been worse that the actual peri 🤦‍♀️ I’m so hyper aware of every movement/noise/change that anxiety kicks in & then I’m not sure if it’s the anxiety or an actual ailment 🤯😱….seeking reassurance is the worst part 🤯 x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 07:15:49 PM »

We have a thread somewhere, I'll bump it ;-)

JoannFran

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 08:16:01 PM »

Hi

Just wanted to say that I've experienced the phantom kicks for years!  Way before peri.   I've always assumed it's hormonal or wind  ::)  It's so weird tho!

xx

Charleyfarley

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 08:32:42 PM »

Oh wow JoannFran I’m glad I’m not alone!! How strange is it though 😂😮😭

lillith112

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2024, 08:37:05 PM »

Yes, I've had it, I was convinced there was a baby in there, I could see it move. I think it's muscle or nerve twitches, the same type as you get on your eyelids sometimes, it's bizarre isn't it. 😳

JoannFran

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 08:42:44 PM »

So weird!

Also should've said I get the loud stomach noises too.  Infact my hubby literally just said 'I can hear your stomach'!  ;D

Charleyfarley

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2024, 09:10:32 PM »

Aaaah thank u ladies 🙏 JoannFran did the noises start in Peri? Mine have just started since stopping HRT 🤦‍♀️ ahahaha ur husband hearing it 😂 my boyfriend nearly had to sleep in another room 😲 mine’s relentless 😤

JoannFran

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 09:22:25 PM »

Nope I’ve had it for years too. Although I believe it’s more frequent now.

I also hear my husbands stomach making noises but only when he’s asleep!

I read a book called ‘gut’ years ago and I’m sure it said it was normal and it’s the body clearing out waste (or something like that). Xx

Charleyfarley

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 09:32:33 PM »

Ooooh might have to have a read 🙏 thank u……I think because it’s only just appeared it’s making me anxious…fingers crossed it is just my digestion waking up for a little peri party 😂 xxx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 10:16:32 AM »

Michael Mosley's book about the guts is very good explaining how long certain foods take to begin the digestive process.  Of course I can't remember the title  ::)

---------------------------------
The Clever Guts Diet: How to revolutionise your body from the inside out
by Michael Mosley

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1780723040/menopausema0e-21
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:40:25 AM by Emma »
Pages: [1] 2