Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Taking Utrogestan  (Read 609 times)

Sparkle73

• First Flush
Taking Utrogestan
« on: February 12, 2024, 06:57:02 PM »

Hello Ladies, I am new to the group. I have been on HRT for a year now.  I take 3 Sprays of Lenzetto and Utrogestan on day 15 for 12 days.
I still have regular periods,  however they are only heavy for two days. The main issue is terrible cramps. They always land on a weekend  and its really getting me down.   My question is, can I change the day I take Utrogestan, so basically start them a few days earlier then I would normally, and then stick to this going forth? I know it's not guaranteed period will change, but if it's OK to try this, I would really like to try. Sorry for the long post.

Hurdity

Re: Taking Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 08:46:39 AM »

Hi sparkle

:welcomemm:

yes you can change the day to change when you have your withdrawal bleed - but this will only work reliably if you are post-menopause. If you are peri-menopausal and your cycle is still fairly strong even if irregular, then this can override the HRT cycle.

You say you still have regular periods, but it is normal to have regular bleeding on cylical HRT - and they are not necessarily periods as such - depending as above - whether or not you are peri or post-meno.

What were your (natural) periods doing in the 12 months leading up to starting HRT - if you weren't on any kind of hormonal contraception?

Hurdity x

Sparkle73

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 01:17:58 PM »

Hello, thank you for your reply.  My periods before HRT, were pretty much the same as now really.  Just two days full bleed,  followed by light spotting, but maybe not always bang on time then.  I'm in Peri menopause now.  I just seem to get bad cramping for the first two days these days and heavier flow.   :(. They are just very bad timing now due to them arriving on a weekend. 
Is it ok to completely change the day I take Utrogestan going forth,  so start the first day on a Thursday rather than a Saturday for 12 days, and then keep this routine every month? Thanks for you help.   :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 05:21:12 PM »

Yes absolutely - go for it - but like I said the bleeds may not work out quite how you want them - though as you get further towards menopause and eg if you don't ovulate one month - they should become a bit more predictable.

All the best and let us know how it works out!

Hurdity x