Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagifem to Vagirux.  (Read 722 times)

Evie606

Vagifem to Vagirux.
« on: February 11, 2024, 03:43:54 PM »

Hi All,

I’ve being getting on great with Vagifem for the last month but notice my gp has put Vagirux for the repeat despite my consultant asking for Vagifem.
I see from previous posts some of you had issues with Vagirux - Do any of you get on well with it?

X

Dierdre

Re: Vagifem to Vagirux.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 03:55:16 PM »

I didn't get on with it even though the ingredients are identical. I think my problem was with the coating of the pessary and it felt like it was burning when inserted. As soon as I removed it the irritation immediately stopped.

There are others that do not have any problems and don't notice any difference so give it a try.
I asked my GP to specify Vagifem now so it's not a problem. I've also had the generic Estradiol pessary and had no problem with that at all.

Jules

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 04:32:06 PM »

I get vagifem,  vagirux or estriodol prescribed and find no difference between any of them

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 05:20:46 PM »

Vagirux I believe is the cheaper version  :-\

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 06:43:58 PM »

I have been on Vagifem for several years. In September my prescription was changed and I ended up with the ones with reusable applicator and have struggled to keep the VA under control. I asked to have my prescription changed back to Vagifem and now have flare up under control. I was getting a residue discharge from the reusable applicator ones and that was irritating the vulval skin, something I have never had with Vagifem.

Evie606

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 09:42:24 PM »

Thanks everyone!
I have a phone consult with GP soon and I will bring it up as she knows I’m dealing with other allergy issues so I definitely do not need another change (even though they say it’s the same) to contend with!

:) X

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 09:07:12 AM »

I've been changed to vagirux  a few months ago and don't think I've noticed the difference although funnily enough I have been feeling a bit drier recently (I'm on systemic HRT too) - though sometimes I forget the vagirux (which I insert every 3 days when I change my patch) - and that could be the cause of the dryness.

Hurdity x