Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes worse on HRT  (Read 489 times)

boomerang

Hot flushes worse on HRT
« on: February 10, 2024, 07:03:54 AM »

Hello 👋🏻
Has anyone experienced hot flushes worsening after starting HrT?

They were one of my least problematic symptoms, a few hot/warm flushes really a few days around my period only in the early morning. Since starting HrT a month ago I’m getting them daily! Only in the morning and still mild.
Is this just my body adjusting? Seems a strange side affect.
Many thanks

Pixie

Re: Hot flushes worse on HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 09:09:42 AM »

It happened to me as well. Took a good month to six weeks for it to go.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 09:41:04 AM »

Hi boomerang  - what HRT are you taking? Transdermal oestrogen often works very quickly in stopping menopausal hot flushes, at the right dose so keep going and hopefully things will improve. Maybe the dose is not high enough? Also depending on what progesterone you are taking and whether cyclical or continuous, some women find flushes worsen when taking oestrogen with progesterone - so if this were the case, and you're on continuous combined HRT, flushes may take longer to disappear? Hope they depart soon!!

Hurdity x

boomerang

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 09:43:24 AM »

It happened to me as well. Took a good month to six weeks for it to go.
not just me then! Thank you x

boomerang

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 09:59:40 AM »

Hi boomerang  - what HRT are you taking? Transdermal oestrogen often works very quickly in stopping menopausal hot flushes, at the right dose so keep going and hopefully things will improve. Maybe the dose is not high enough? Also depending on what progesterone you are taking and whether cyclical or continuous, some women find flushes worsen when taking oestrogen with progesterone - so if this were the case, and you're on continuous combined HRT, flushes may take longer to disappear? Hope they depart soon!!

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity
Thank you for your reply. I’m on 2 pumps oestrodose and the dreaded Utrogestan for 2 weeks a month  (which I don’t love!) the flushes started before the Utro started though. I just find it really odd that I’m getting more of them than before as I like you wondered if the dose was too low. I’m very early peri so am probably fluctuating wildly still! I’ll give it the 3 months to settle, just interested to see if it’s just me!! Xx