Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 2356 times)

tra72

« on: February 09, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »

Hi I am new to this site.i have recently been to my doctor as I thought I might be starting perimenopause. I have had relevant tests all my blood tests come back normal including my hormone levels after a scan this week I have been diagnosed with a small fibroid.i have to take medication for first 4 days of my period so haven’t tried it yet need to wait couple of weeks .Does this mean you are not perimenopausal.I have pain in my stomach and leg when have a period I have hot flushes I am snappy one minute then just cry the next for no reason.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 12:47:49 PM »

Join The Club  :welcomemm:

What R your periods doing?   Blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::)

Peri-menopause are the years leading up to the last bleed = menopause.  12 months after the bleed we can, more or less, decide that we are in menopause.  However, Mother Nature can throw in a curved ball, we then have to count the months from 1  ::)

Which medication have you been prescribed and what for?  Browse round.   Ask away.

tra72

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 01:13:28 PM »

Periods are still every 28 days but the last 2 months have been more painful and bit heavier.been prescribed Mefenamic acid for the fibroid for pain etc.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 01:20:21 PM »

Does the medication ease the pains?  I suffered excruiating period pains for years  :'(

Sometimes bleeding in peri-menopause is heavier and painful. 

tra72

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 01:36:19 PM »

Not started medication yet only been diagnosed yesterday with fibroid after 2 weeks of different tests ultrasound and blood tests so have to wait for next period to start them.been scary 2 weeks went to see if I was on perimenopause and have been tested for everything including cancer all tests back normal apart from the fibroid the tears are horrible just cry for nothing my grown up children go away on holiday or I go on holiday and for first few days just cry

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 01:40:18 PM »

It sounds like peri to me. Oestrogen can make fibroid grow so they may want that sorting before considering hrt.

tra72

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 01:45:02 PM »

Thank you for your help you seem to understand me I suffer from anxiety and bloating too I get scared going out for nice meal and relaxing incase it sets my stomach off.i am trying to find a solution to stop the tears so myself or my children can enjoy our holidays so I don’t get upset anymore as really want them to have a good time we are all so hard working and deserve them and I am so proud of them.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 01:52:30 PM »

Anxiety and digestive issues can be peri related too, especially if they're recent. Have a look at the Help for Husbands pinned post, there are many symptoms that most of us don't know about until.we get them (anxiety and insomnia for me, no hot flushes, completely clueless...).

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 04:04:54 PM »

It's mayB time to reassess your overall diet for the whole family.

What I could eat until 5 years ago now makes me feel really ill.  That is processed, shop bought cakes, biscuits ....... DH is the Cher ;-) and cooks for us.  He has added more veg to our evening meals but I'm not good on the fruits as they make me windy  ;D.  I begin with a muesli/milk, blkT 2 sugars ...... light lunch and he prepares various grub at night.

I read recently that we should eat more nuts, i.e. almonds and Brazils.  Also making sure that we are hydrated.  'kimchi'-type drinks are popular these days but thus far, I can't fancy them  :-\.  Beetroot is supposedly good too.

As for tears, let them flow.  If Mother Nature hadn't wanted us to cry she wouldn't have given us feelings ;-).

Let your family know that these are caused by hormonal upheaval. 

Hezzi

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2024, 05:10:54 PM »

Anxiety and digestive issues can be peri related too, especially if they're recent. Have a look at the Help for Husbands pinned post, there are many symptoms that most of us don't know about until.we get them (anxiety and insomnia for me, no hot flushes, completely clueless...).

Hi 👋
I'm also new to the Forum, but have been lurking and reading various posts for some time!
I've been on Evoril 50 since May 2023 but at Christmas I had what I thought was a virus - upset stomach, nausea, changes to bowel habit, various aches and pains and it lead into intense (health) anxiety. Both gp and community pharmacist put it down to viral causes but a month later now with weight loss, a little spotting and an increasing health anxiety (never knew it could be so all encompassing! )😬 the penny dropped after my husband suggested it, that it could be hormonal 🙄. Gp has now increased me to Evoril 75 with a pill and so far things are looking on the up! Feeling much more like myself.
Take comfort Tra72 that we have all here struggled with declining hormones and a lot of the posts from other struggling women on various topics have given me comfort/reassurance knowing I was not alone!

tra72

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2024, 05:18:02 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the reassuring comments

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2024, 05:27:29 PM »

Welcome Hezzi.   Have U been OK on 75 from 50?  Browse round.  Let us know how you get on.

Hezzi

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2024, 06:19:22 PM »

Welcome Hezzi.   Have U been OK on 75 from 50?  Browse round.  Let us know how you get on.

Thanks CLKD. I've only been on it for 4 days but so far.... feeling optimistic which has been a fairly alien concept in the last few months!. 😊