Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT and weird dreams  (Read 939 times)

Carabelle

HRT and weird dreams
« on: February 09, 2024, 09:40:40 AM »

Started back on the Evorel conti patches back in October after having a few months off. The sleeplessness and night sweats returned with a vengeance to the point I was desperate to restart the patches. Now that I'm sleeping better (hooray!!) I seem to be getting weird and vivid dreams on a nightly basis. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? I thought the HRT calmed the nervous system and reduced this type of thing. Just curious to know if it's just me...
Thanks.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT and weird dreams
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 10:05:47 AM »

Morning.  I've taken antidepressant medication since the 1980s and my dreams are long, involved, busy; my brain takes an article from the evening news and mixes it with people I haven't thought about for years++  ::)

AngelaH

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 11:37:43 AM »

Yes, I realised long time ago that vivid and weird dreams were caused by hormones. I lost my vivid dreams in my 30s when I started loosing progesterone and then later in my life with progesterone treatment I got them back. When estrogen level dropped I lost my vivid dreams again and now I have them only if I take high dose of estrogen. When I say high  it means high to me because I can’t tolerate any form of body indentical estrogen (have never tried any others, so don’t know).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 11:39:45 AM by AngelaH »

Carabelle

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 12:38:43 PM »

Yes, I realised long time ago that vivid and weird dreams were caused by hormones. I lost my vivid dreams in my 30s when I started loosing progesterone and then later in my life with progesterone treatment I got them back. When estrogen level dropped I lost my vivid dreams again and now I have them only if I take high dose of estrogen. When I say high  it means high to me because I can’t tolerate any form of body indentical estrogen (have never tried any others, so don’t know).

Morning.  I've taken antidepressant medication since the 1980s and my dreams are long, involved, busy; my brain takes an article from the evening news and mixes it with people I haven't thought about for years++  ::)
d

Crikey!!! Well last night i watched an episode of Downton Abbey - the one where Lady Sybil dies and my boys were having a discussion around football. So last night's dream involved a funeral and a footballer!! Completely weird as anything!!!
Glad it's not just me!! xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 12:41:08 PM »

Mine are never scary, fortunately  ::)

AngelaH

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 01:41:18 PM »

The most scary dream, horrible nightmare I had when peri mentally and physically effected me. I had a dream that I was walking through the cemetery, it was very dark and hard to see around, I stopped near some grave and suddenly a bright light flashed, I read my name on the grave. I woke up in a panic and in a cold sweat, I had heavy bleeding, which I then could not stop for several months.

Carabelle

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 03:37:17 PM »

Gosh that's horrible AngelaH. It can be very disconcerting can't it? That said, at least I'm sleeping and I'd rather have that and all the mad dreams than no sleep! :-)