Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 2 months of taking HRT  (Read 887 times)

PearlJ

2 months of taking HRT
« on: February 08, 2024, 11:00:15 PM »

I’m a relative newbie here and have been on evorel combined patches for two months. I’ve also got blissel gel due to painful sex. I have to say after about a month or so I felt much better mentally and emotionally but I have a couple of issues.  Firstly my boobs are killing me! They feel like they have been blown up with a bicycle pump and are going to explode! Is this normal and does it go away? It’s worrying me as my sister had breast cancer. Secondly I have had a small but regular  amount of white discharge which I’m not sure is due to the patches or the internal gel but either way that’s not something i want to put up with either! Using a gel to get your sex life comfortable only to feel yucky about it! Can anyone advise?

sheila99

Re: 2 months of taking HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 12:19:37 AM »

The sore boobs will normally settle. You could cut a piece off the patch so you get a lower dose and increase more gradually. I haven't used blissed but I wouldn't be surprised if it's normal. Normally a lot of what goes up comes back down again (certainly for utro used vaginally).

PearlJ

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 03:33:08 PM »

My boobs are getting worse. I can’t stand it they are so painful and even if fabric touches my nipples without my bra on it hurts. I feel really miserable this weekend. I’ve got so many aches and pains including sciatica which is doing my head in today. I just feel like going to bed for a week. Sorry for the miserableness!

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 04:08:05 PM »

Evening Primrose oil, or Starflower oil, are supposed to be good for sore boobs. I've no experience of either though, as I didn't have that symptom too badly. Sounds awful. Hope it passes soon.
JP x

PearlJ

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 07:04:01 PM »

Evening Primrose oil, or Starflower oil, are supposed to be good for sore boobs. I've no experience of either though, as I didn't have that symptom too badly. Sounds awful. Hope it passes soon.
JP x

Thanks. I have a follow up appointment soon with the HRT nurse. Hopefully I will get some more answers on the problem.

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 07:32:24 PM »

When my boobs got huge and very tender I would wear a soft comfort bra at night to stop them hurting so much when I moved around. Mine also settled down, but if like me you are perimenopause there is quite a sharp fluctuation in oestrogen. Evening Primrose does help me. I use a night strength capsules from Boots ( vegan too)

Charleyfarley

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 07:52:34 PM »

I took combined Evorel for 3 months and my boobs were like hot air balloons 🎈 part of the reason I came off them was feeling like I was experiencing a big estrogen dominance..large floods, sore pumped up boobs etc…lots of plus’s to them though so I think it’s just weighing up the pro’s and cons….health anxiety always wins out for me in the end unfortunately and I was worried that there was far too much estrogen which brought the obvious worries…like one of the ladies has said it might settle in time, I’d imagine your body’s just getting used to it x

PearlJ

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 08:43:00 PM »

I took combined Evorel for 3 months and my boobs were like hot air balloons 🎈 part of the reason I came off them was feeling like I was experiencing a big estrogen dominance..large floods, sore pumped up boobs etc…lots of plus’s to them though so I think it’s just weighing up the pro’s and cons….health anxiety always wins out for me in the end unfortunately and I was worried that there was far too much estrogen which brought the obvious worries…like one of the ladies has said it might settle in time, I’d imagine your body’s just getting used to it x

It does worry me a bit as my sister had breast cancer and my boobs now feel horrendous and if I were due a mammogram there’s no way I’d cope!

DottyD68

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 08:55:31 PM »

My boobs felt horrendously swollen, heavy and tender when I was on 4 pumps of gel. When I reduced the oestrogen to 2 pumps they returned to normal (ish) - definitely more  normal.  I suggest you try and reduce the HRT. X

PearlJ

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 09:05:29 PM »

My boobs felt horrendously swollen, heavy and tender when I was on 4 pumps of gel. When I reduced the oestrogen to 2 pumps they returned to normal (ish) - definitely more  normal.  I suggest you try and reduce the HRT. X

I’m on patches but will ask the nurse about this as I have an appointment the week after next. Thank you.

DottyD68

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2024, 09:21:45 PM »

100 or 50 patches?

PearlJ

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2024, 10:26:15 PM »

100 or 50 patches?
I have evorel conti. I don’t know about 50 or 100? I can’t see that on the wrapper.

sheila99

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2024, 11:47:33 PM »

The evorel conti patches are 50.