Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vaginal applicator  (Read 696 times)

cebe

Vaginal applicator
« on: February 18, 2024, 12:02:57 PM »

This is so embarrasing but I started Blissel estriol gel last night and could'nt get the applicator inside me despite putting lubrication on it. It only went in about half an inch and then all the gel came back out.   I have'nt had sex for over 20 years so I feel as though I have closed up and the burning/soreness is not helping.   The applicator is not that big but I tried to find a narrower one online but can't find one.   Is there anyone who has had this problem and have managed to overcome it some way or another.
Thank you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal applicator
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 12:47:54 PM »

Use your finger tip with lots of the product on and ease in as far as is comfy.   Lay down so that gravity doesn't discharge the VA treatment.  Dilators  :vibe: can also be useful, lots of lubrication on the end and ease in gently.  U R not alone!

Nowt should be taboo or embarrassing on here ;-). 

cebe

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 01:05:39 PM »

Thank you for your reply. Will try the finger tonight. I've got to get some relief from this burning/soreness

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 04:09:39 PM »

U may need to put a little in morning and evening until you can insert higher up.  Make sure that the vulval area is also smeared with the product, I use 'ovestin' or KY Jelly for that.  Stops my vulva/vagina become dry and sore.

cebe

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 04:56:13 PM »

Thank you for advise

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 06:23:52 PM »

Yes dilators would help in the long term. Be gentle and take your time and try and relax!

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 06:48:33 PM »

Hi,

this is very common. You can improve things very slowly using vaginal dilators. The ones that the NHS use are hard and not very nice to use. The best ones are silicone and soft. Inspire make them.  You start with the smallest one ( with a bit of yes to help it go in ) and just relax. Never force anything.  You can buy  ones from stress no more. They are not cheap , but help keep the channels open as it were. I have put the link below .

https://www.stressnomore.co.uk/inspire-silicone-dilator-kit-11438.html

PMXX

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 08:20:24 PM »

Links with products for sale aren't allowed.  We use 'love honey'.  Discrete delivery ;-)