Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Thick lining  (Read 30621 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Thick lining
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2024, 06:52:35 PM »

I was offered an appointment for 5 and a half weeks after being contacted by the consultant stressing the urgency of it! Unfortunately, we are on holiday then so I am now waiting for them to reschedule which is really frustrating. I said I'd take a cancellation at short notice so I'm hoping I hear soon.

Can you ask them how long the wait is likely to be?

In pain

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2024, 07:55:52 AM »

Little update

Had my hysteroscopy, biopsy, colposcopy  and coli fitted under GA yesterday.
Ended up having biopsy of cervix as they found minimal HPV cells so had those scraped away a nathobian mucas cyst ( think that's how to spell it ) so had that scraped away. A biopsy of my uterus a. polyp  removed and a D&C and a coil fitted. The consultant came to see me just as I was waking up and explained what they had done she said not worried about cervix and everything else looked OK wait for the biopsy results. So I'm taking that as slightly better than the sinister comment i got right at the start of all this. I guess it's still a waiting game. The hospital stuff were amazing so that helped a lot.

🙂

Violetta808

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2024, 08:51:55 AM »

I’m so pleased to hear it’s all done and went well. And that they were so thorough and gave you the full gynae MOT (much nicer to be asleep for all that).

After my hysteroscopy the consultant also told me everything looked healthy and normal and he fully expected a normal biopsy - and he was right, it was all fine. So I hope you are feeling reassured (and you get the results quickly).

So many of us on this forum have been told the absolute worst case scenario at the beginning of the process - a highly unlikely outcome when investigating bleeding on HRT. It just causes us so much needless anxiety!

Enjoy your weekend! 🙂

Jules

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2024, 09:26:49 AM »

That sounds positive and a relief for you that everything was done together. If you dont get biopsy results as quickly as you expect, chase it up. They seem to be taking longer in some areas

In pain

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2024, 10:07:51 AM »

I was also given an exempt from  working certificate for 3 days due to the procedure I was having . it was very unexpected. It says not fit to work for 3 working days. Does this mean it starts from Monday as I don't work Sat Sun. Just wondering if anyone knows the answer. My boss will not be happy but hey-ho

Thankyou for all your advice and support. It has got me through some very bad thoughts xx

Northerngirl

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2024, 12:21:37 PM »

Hi In pain, so pleased it all went well for you yesterday, it does sound like you had the full gynae MOT like violetta808 says. At least everything was done together. I'm glad you had a GA for all that.
 Hope you're feeling ok today and not too sore. I'm sure your results will be fine but I know this waiting game is a nightmare for us ladies.
Sorry I can't help regarding the work exemption certificate but sure someone will be able to advise you.
Let us know when you get the result x

Jules

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2024, 05:00:21 PM »

I was also given an exempt from  working certificate for 3 days due to the procedure I was having . it was very unexpected. It says not fit to work for 3 working days. Does this mean it starts from Monday as I don't work Sat Sun. Just wondering if anyone knows the answer. My boss will not be happy but hey-ho

Thankyou for all your advice and support. It has got me through some very bad thoughts xx

Im sure it covers weekends if I remember rightly

shrosphirelass

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2024, 07:22:57 PM »

All sounds positive and hopefully your MOT will have sorted you out going forward. Good luck on the biopsy.

In pain

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2024, 07:49:40 PM »

Finally after waiting since January I finally got my results back from my hysteroscopy/MOT. Both biopsies are normal and no more action needed. It's been a hard emotional journey and I would like to thank everyone for their support, advice and kind words.  :)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2024, 07:51:36 PM »

So pleased for you!

In pain

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2024, 08:06:18 PM »

Thankyou

fiftyplus

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2024, 08:13:52 PM »

Great news in pain! xx