Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing from continuous to cyclical  (Read 999 times)

EmS

• First Flush
Changing from continuous to cyclical
« on: February 08, 2024, 01:30:56 PM »

Hi, hoping someone can help… have been on hrt 2.5 years, I’m 51. Have mostly been on cyclical oestrogel and Utrogestan, though firstly tried continuous over a year ago. Having recently had a very fast heart rate, I cut down gel from 4 to 3 pumps and was advised to try continuous, 100mg Utro vaginally,daily.
I started this just over 2 weeks ago. This week I have had a period which is making me feel extremely ill, crampy, not much sleep, flu-like symptoms… I’m now off work. I feel I should go back on continuous as clearly I still have my own cycle, which is far more unpleasant than the withdrawal bleed, and I don’t think waiting for 6 months will change anything.
Wondering when I should stop taking 100mg utro and start the 200mg Utro if I go back to cyclical? My period started on 5th Feb, and I’ve been taking 100mg Utro each eve since 22 Jan.

Thanks in advance!

Donna69

Re: Changing from continuous to cyclical
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 06:07:22 PM »

Sorry do you mean go back on sequi?

EmS

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 06:16:46 PM »

Yes, I mean  go back on sequi

Donna69

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 10:36:49 PM »

I came off sequi last year dr said I couldn’t stay on it as at 54 need to be on conti as I would be post menopausal by now and I was the same felt dreadful on it,as I have now found out I aren’t post menopausal I’m still in peri they won’t let me go back on sequi even though what I have read if your still having periods that’s what you should be on.I would definitely try going back to sequi if your still having periods.I am now 6mths in of no hrt and a hell of anxiety,hot flushes and never ending periods

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 01:20:10 AM »

Sadly we still have too many ignorant gps and some still believe the fable that everyone is meno by 54. Though obviously I am a freak as I was still largely regular when I went on hrt aged 57. I have had the sequi vs conti argument too and they have accepted I will stay on sequi (63 and most likely meno now) but I get side effects from utro so I'm not going to take it daily. They told me there's a slightly higher risk of endometrial cancer this way. If you're on utrogeston it's virtually the same monthly dose and they aren't watching how you take it. EmS you could either wait for the next bleed but if it was me I'd stop utro now and start counting from day 1 of your bleed. It's probably early enough in the cycle you won't mess it up.

Donna69

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 04:12:40 PM »

I’m going to go back to my gp next week and see another dr as I was perfectly happy in life on my sequi hrt until they decided to change it it’s all these prolonged periods that drive me mad gone 5mths with nothing now on day 10 of a period I have no idea how long it will last,last one was 7 weeks.and my anxiety is through the roof

EmS

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 05:26:48 PM »

Sorry to hear you’re suffering Donna, and thanks for the advice. It’s scary how ignorant some GPs are. I do hope you can get back on sequi and start to feel better x

EmS

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 05:34:27 PM »

Sheila, thanks for your help, and sorry for the late reply! Have done what you suggested, hopefully it will be ok! Have you tried utro vaginally to lessen side effects? It worked for me. It’s a minefield….!!! x

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 07:42:56 PM »

Apart from 1 cycle of oral I've used it vaginally but it makes no difference to my symptoms (permanently doped and disturbed sleep). It's good for avoiding the digestive issues but sadly not mine. Glad it's working for you   :).

EmS

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 08:44:47 AM »

That’s a shame it doesn’t help. Good luck with it all anyway!