Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Moving from evorel conti patches to mirena plus oestrogen  (Read 448 times)

rachelp

• First Flush
Moving from evorel conti patches to mirena plus oestrogen
« on: February 07, 2024, 11:55:36 PM »

I successfully used evorel conti patches for 6 years then started not sleeping,hot flushes etc so tried a patch and a half with no change, not absorbing I don’t think.The Dr decided to try a Mirena coil which I’ve now had since September alongside 2 pumps of oestrogel - I had hoped all would be well but it took 4 months for the spotting to stop, and now I’ve really sore breasts that feel swollen as well as tender. I’ve tried increasing the dose to 3 pumps which definitely helps with sleeping but not the sore breasts. I don’t know quite what is happening, too little oestrogen or too much - it’s very disheartening as the extra pump has helped with hot flashes and dryness but maybe I should go back to 2 pumps. Any words of wisdom gratefully received.

sheila99

Re: Moving from evorel conti patches to mirena plus oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 09:59:02 AM »

It will usually settle but if it's too uncomfortable you could drop back to 2.5 pumps. Sometimes increasing slowly avoids it. Some people get sore boobs with progesterone but if you're one you would already know about it.

rachelp

• First Flush
Re: Moving from evorel conti patches to mirena plus oestrogen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 11:22:30 PM »

Thank you, I’ll try that  :)