Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Combined pill and patches  (Read 570 times)

Lynnykins

• First Flush
Combined pill and patches
« on: February 07, 2024, 01:35:52 PM »

Hi everyone, I’m new to this group and wondered if anyone can offer advice. I’m 46 and have been on patches since October last year, evorel sequi and conti 50, im also on the combined pill. I have asked for my HRT dose to be increased but the GP has said not until I come off the pill and have the coil fitted! I’ve had the coil before and never got on with it, I’ve also just weaned myself off of 100mg sertraline that I was initially prescribed instead of HRT. I feel better in myself but still think my HRT needs tweaking.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Combined pill and patches
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 02:41:17 PM »

:welcomemm:

Ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clnininc, there are waiting lists; both NHS and private.  Why is your GP pushing for the Mirena?  Is there. Nurse Practitioner with more HRT knowledge in your Practice?  Hopefully someone will be along with actual knowledge  ::)

U may find that your local hospital/s run menopause clinics. 

Lynnykins

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 04:02:58 PM »

I had to fight tooth and nail just to get the HRT I’m on, they are saying I need the coil before they up my dose as there is an increased risk of breast and endometrial cancer ! I think I’ll go down the private route with a menopause expert, I guess the GP is following NICE guidelines . Thank you for your advice, stronger together 👊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 04:04:31 PM »

I think that the GP doesn't know what he/she is talking about.  Whilst there are risks in everything we do, I wonder if he/she is referring to very old, now discredited research. 

Do GPs get paid for inserting the Mirena?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use, to chart progress and to discuss with some1 who knows about menopause! 

I would want to know which research they are referring to.   ::)

Pixie

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 06:12:33 PM »

Are you absolutely sure you're on a combined pill? You're not supposed to use hrt with it. Combined pill will be a higher dose than any hrt anyway.

Lynnykins

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 11:09:37 PM »

Yes it’s definitely the combined pill, one GP did say to me that the pill should be enough. So confused, definitely booking with private menopause expert. My breasts have been very tender recently, maybe I’m having too much oestrogen or progesterone!