Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anyone successfully move from gel to patches  (Read 480 times)

DottyD68

Anyone successfully move from gel to patches
« on: February 06, 2024, 11:27:38 AM »

Hi there,

After 2.5 years of trying to get the doseage right with gel and utrogestan (peri) and 3 months off HRT, I am moving to a continuous regime on a low dose (55 and no bleed since August). Having tried before i don't feel right on continuous Utrogestan and do not want a coil fitted. Seems like only other options are patches. Has anyone done this successfully as I'm beginning to lose hope I will ever feel remotely normal again?

Thank you

sfreesto

Re: Anyone successfully move from gel to patches
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:49:25 PM »

Yes, I’m peri and recently switched from 4 pumps Oestrogel and cyclical utrogestan to Estradot 100 plus continuous utrogestan. I feel much better for at least the oestrogen part, more level. The jury is still out for the utrogestan.

DottyD68

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 05:30:55 PM »

Thanks for replying sfreesto.

Glad it seems to be working so far for you.
I think I have a problem with the continuous utrogestan, namely water retention (puffy eyes and wheezy in throat) and nightly headaches. It seems wierd as I was ok on the increased sequi dose of utrogestan over 14 days.

I was wondering if anyone had moved successfully from continuous gel & utrogestan to a combined continuous patch of both estrogen & progesterone ?

Pippa52

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 12:51:54 PM »

Yes me - moved from Oestrogel to Estradot patches.  Was not absorbing Oestrogel at all since they changed something about it.  Was on it for over 20 years previously but since the shortages something has changed about it and it completely stopped working for me.  Estradot patches are great, they are small and stick really well.  x

DottyD68

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 02:32:23 PM »

Thanks for replying Pippa52.
Are the Estradot patches combined or just oestrogen?