Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dizziness and heartburn  (Read 1470 times)

Charleyfarley

Re: Dizziness and heartburn
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 11:04:40 PM »

Oh wow Jules that sounds painful…

Absolutely agree…chronic health anxiety exacerbated by the anxiety of peri ensures I am set in my GP practice at the first sign of anything off-key…

I’ve tried to give myself a 2 week cooling off period to see what is maybe real & ongoing though.

I found I’d wake up with the weirdest symptom and immediately call the GP. I’ve  learned that firstly, constant reassurance just ultimately feeds the anxiety monster and also, after 2 or 3 days the symptom would be gone, never to be seen again xx

Jules

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 10:48:43 AM »

Yes I also feel I have a new symptom every week. I've had stabbing breast pain this last two days in one side. I'll give it another day then get checked but this last year I feel I'm never away from a doctor. The diagnosis I got has affected my confidence and made me anxious. 

Charleyfarley

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 02:50:39 PM »

Hey Jules…aaaah I hear u 🤦‍♀️ when I call the GP I pray that they don’t realise it’s me and sigh 😤 I know that when my body was loving the estrogen patches a little too much my breasts were HUGE…uncomfortably so…& I’ve heard lots of ladies talk about pains im breasts in peri so definitely get it checked if it carries on but try not to worry as it does seem to be a common problem 🙏 ♥️

I need to go and get this bloating/gas and gurgling in my tummy checked & if it’s all ok I’m going to ask a responsible grown up to disable my phone being able to google illness 😂🤯😭….it genuinely ruins most of my days…the terror that I have a sinister illness…😔🥲 xx

Jules

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 04:14:24 PM »

Hey Jules…aaaah I hear u 🤦‍♀️ when I call the GP I pray that they don’t realise it’s me and sigh 😤 I know that when my body was loving the estrogen patches a little too much my breasts were HUGE…uncomfortably so…& I’ve heard lots of ladies talk about pains im breasts in peri so definitely get it checked if it carries on but try not to worry as it does seem to be a common problem 🙏 ♥️

I need to go and get this bloating/gas and gurgling in my tummy checked & if it’s all ok I’m going to ask a responsible grown up to disable my phone being able to google illness 😂🤯😭….it genuinely ruins most of my days…the terror that I have a sinister illness…😔🥲 xx

It can take over life. I have an elderly mother who is never away from a medical test so that doesn't help. I had a breast recall last summer but all was okay, I've had a quick whoosh around,  I'm not good at self examination,  I can't immediately feel anything.  I'm only using topical estrogen. Has anyone had that sort of pain from vagifem and ovestin? I can't stop using it now, I've just made some headway

Charleyfarley

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2024, 07:55:29 PM »

I only used Evorel patches so not sure Jules but there will be lots of threads on here for those particular HRT’s, maybe have a rummage through…a scare last year would be enough to cause some anxiety, I hope you can get some reassurance to settle it a little…there are so many little ism’s to each and every step of peri and each replacement that we lose track of what can cause what 🤯😭♥️

Ana21

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2024, 08:55:01 PM »

I also agree with the others re avoiding regular use of ibuprofen and aspirin.  I've had several bouts of gastritis due to NSAIDs.

Another consideration is the effect of NSAIDs on estrogen levels.  Lower circulating estradiol levels have been observed among postmenopausal women reporting NSAID use.  Estradiol levels were ∼16% lower among current users than nonusers.

Jules

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2024, 09:08:26 AM »

I also agree with the others re avoiding regular use of ibuprofen and aspirin.  I've had several bouts of gastritis due to NSAIDs.

Another consideration is the effect of NSAIDs on estrogen levels.  Lower circulating estradiol levels have been observed among postmenopausal women reporting NSAID use.  Estradiol levels were ∼16% lower among current users than nonusers.
I didn't know that. I really wish I hadn't used them. I now have damage to my oesophagus.  My gp told me to take ibuprofen when I had flu though.  I told her i couldn't take them and she said it's fine with omeprazole!
Pages: 1 [2]