Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Never ending period  (Read 762 times)

Donna69

Never ending period
« on: February 08, 2024, 11:46:02 AM »

Hi I came off hrt last year to see where I am in the natural process had a long bleed and had the usual tests hysteroscopy normal biopsy normal no bleed for 5 mths then a bleed blood tests say I’m still in peri.So this extremely heavy period is on day 10 with no signs of giving up.is this normal has anyone experienced prolonged periods in Peri,obviously if not I will push for further tests with gp

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Never ending period
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 12:13:52 PM »

U could have continued with the other thread  :-\ so that responses don't become lost.

Your GP can prescribe a drug that should ease/stop continual bleeding.  Blood tests are reliably un-reliable.  Peri-menopause are the years leading up to the final period = menopause.  During that time periods may wax or wane, or stop completely.  Once we have been at least 12 months without a bleed we can consider that we have reached menopause. 

Donna69

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 12:33:48 PM »

Sorry I am new to this was unsure how to carry on the thread so started a new one I aren’t very pc savvy

VioletAquarius

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 09:52:09 PM »

As CLKD has said, blood tests are unreliable, this is due to your hormones changing so much throughout the day, every day.

During peri, periods can be all over the place, the duration can be much shorter/longer, the blood loss is sometimes spotting to heavy bleeding.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 12:31:55 AM »

I'd give it a few more days to see if it stops as it may still be an unusually long period. As it's the first one for months the lining may have built up more than normal. If bleeding is a problem you can get tranexamic acid to stop it and a scan would check nothing else is causing it.

Donna69

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 07:55:43 AM »

Thank you everyone I will see how it goes for a few more days as you say could be a build up to come away.just battle with this awful health anxiety I have developed in peri too