Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help bleeding issues  (Read 1139 times)

Donna69

Help bleeding issues
« on: February 05, 2024, 05:44:20 PM »

A little history last year came off hrt last July had 7 weeks of bleeding scan showed thickened lining 11mm possible poly then had to wait another 5 weeks for hysteroscopy/biopsy my mental health suffered terribly it was all clear bleeding stopped I was massively relieved.Then 5 days ago started another bleed had pmt after nothing since last sept,unsure if it’s a normal period as don’t know if I am post menopausal but the bleeding has been horrendous not been able to go out soaking through super plus tampon in an hour.has anyone had similar experience I am so worried I have a thickened lining again and can’t blame hrt now so my mental health is suffering again.Doctors in the morning.sorry for the long post but I’m so worried

Northerngirl

Re: Help bleeding issues
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 06:29:17 PM »

Hi Donna69, just wanted to offer my support as I am going through similar, however this is my first experience of thickened lining, hysteroscopy/biopsy etc...still waiting on results at present. It does affect mental health badly I found also.
Just wondering did they remove the polyp last time? Possible reason for bleeding maybe....I'm not sure. Other ladies on here will know more than me.
At least you've got an appointment with your dr tomorrow so hopefully they'll investigate quickly.
Let us know how it goes and remember a lot of us are going through the similar so hopefully that helps you

Donna69

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 07:20:03 PM »

Hi Northern girl thank you for your response I feel quite confused as only found out that my lining was 11mm at my scan last august the dr never told me this until now.I have read your thread and like you had an horrendous 5 week wait from scan to hysteroscopy which I ended up going privately for.my hysteroscopy showed nothing wrong not even a thick lining no polyp nothing biopsy came back normal huge relief after a horrendous 3 months.So to now be bleeding again only 4mths after my clear hysteroscopy is such a worry particularly so heavy I’m worried about cancer yet again and that my lining has thickened again so hoping she will send me for a scan again.so the anxiety and sleepless nights start again

Northerngirl

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 07:36:30 PM »

Hi, it's horrible isn't it...this is the worry I have, what if it keeps happening and I have to keep going through the same investigations again and again.  I thought that investigations covered you for 6 months.
I know what you mean about the sleepless nights and anxiety....never experienced anything like this before.
Let me know how it goes tomorrow

Donna69

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 07:45:39 PM »

I have never been through anything like I did last year I’m normally a together type of person but I just went to pieces.I read on the nhs site that results are supposed last 6mths but I need to get to the bottom of this bleeding just hoping it’s a period as I went on hrt long before my periods stopped (wish I’d never gone on it,I will never go back on it) so I actually don’t know if I am post menopausal yet I have had a blood test last Fri for hormone levels.But honestly the thought of going through that hysteroscopy and all the waiting for results again

Northerngirl

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 08:05:06 PM »

Hopefully your doctor will give you more info tomorrow....maybe you won't have to have a hysteroscopy/biopsy again.
You and me sound exactly the same ie usually level headed but went to pieces etc.
Give us an update tomorrow or DM me if you prefer

Donna69

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 09:31:22 PM »

Will do thanks for listening to me

Donna69

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 06:25:34 AM »

Hi northern girl sorry but another terrible night been awake since 3 just wondered if I was to DM you for a chat how do I do it all new to me on here

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2024, 07:13:56 AM »

Hi Donna. How were your periods before starting HRT and how long were you on HRT for? If you are still peri then this bleeding pattern is very usual and could be your own cycle returning. My bleeding was very heavy at times for weeks on end and then nothing for months before starting up again. I was 53 when this was happening but I'm not sure how old you are?

Taz x

Donna69

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 08:03:06 AM »

Hi Tax2 I am 54 now I went on hrt when I was 48 due to very heavy periods but they were usual length 5dys or so.They changed me onto conti hrt last year then started really bad bleed so came off hrt all together.That bleed went on for 7 weeks ended up having hysteroscopy/biopsy all clear end of September.Had no more bleeding until last thur,had pmt symptoms prior day 6 now of really heavy bleeding couldn’t go out Sunday so bad.worried sick it’s cancer and all this in the news with Charles isn’t helping my brain.I suffer health anxiety too nowadays

Donna69

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 08:05:46 AM »

Just wondered taz2 were you on hrt when you had those issues or were they just your normal cycles as I know a lot of ppl have issues on hrt

Northerngirl

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 08:27:12 AM »

Morning Donna69, I have sent you a DM.
Taz2 is right this could be just your normal cycle if you are used to heavy periods.  See what the dr says. If you were seen a few months ago and everything was ok that is reassuring...please don't worry.

I know I should take my own advice about worrying but this is new and strange for me. Us ladies don't half suffer...

Donna69

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 02:31:49 PM »

Hi Northern girl tax2 been to doctors my blood tests say I am in peri menopause so dr just thinks this is my normal period and as you had tax2 could go on for a longer time and so on so just need to ride it all all out and not worry too much.easier said than done in this hormonal whirlwind

Northerngirl

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 04:18:10 PM »

Hi, there you go ...panic over!!!
Hope you feel much calmer now and can get a good night's sleep tonight

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2024, 06:03:58 PM »

That's good news! In answer to your question I wasn't on HRT at the time I had the heavy and erratic bleeding. I knew it was normal for peri so wasn't too worried by it but it was inconvenient. I started HRT and things luckily evened out.

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2