Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hot face lasting hours  (Read 1096 times)

princesstina7

• First Flush
Hot face lasting hours
« on: February 05, 2024, 12:59:30 PM »

Hello, This is my first post and Im new to the site and menopause. Im 45 and changed HRT from Evorel 50 (which I was on for 1 months) to Evorel 25 (last week) and progesterone tablets. Evorel 50 made me nauseous and anxious. My question is around face flushes. My face gets so hot that my glasses steam up, and it will last a long time, not just a few minutes which is what everywhere states is normal. Does anybody else have this? Is it normal to have such a hot face for so long? Also, has anybody experienced heating on one side of the face only?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hot face lasting hours
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 01:17:23 PM »

:welcomemm:  I'm lucky in that I don't suffer, there are Members here who can give advice. 

Flushing presents in various ways and can affect all the body  ::)

What R your periods up to? 

princesstina7

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 02:15:27 PM »

My periods had varied from 21 days to 60 days over the last year (I was tracking to show the Dr as each blood test showed my hormones to be OK).

I have just started the HRT journey due to night sweats where I could go through 3 pairs of pajama's in the days before my period and the face heating which I originally thought to be anxiety. I have been on venlafaxine for anxiety for quite a long time.

But what Im asking is whether having a facial hot flush lasting this long is normal? So many sites say it should only be a few minutes but thats not what Im experiencing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 02:58:16 PM »

It really is as individual as the woman experiencing flushing.  Some feel nauseated prior to one overtaking the whole body.  I suspect that currently this is 'normal for you'. 

Which other sites have you explored?  Hopefully some1 will be along who has had flushing!

Pixie

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 05:50:42 PM »

I get the same thing but I have rosacea and so put it down to that. I've been on HRT for almost a year which has only reduced the amount of times it happens a little so I don't think it's all peri symptoms. Other than the hot, red/purple face and ears I don't get other symptoms with it. It happens more if the room temperature is too warm, after a hot meal or drink mostly.

I'm so pale it's very obvious and even extends to my ears 🤣

KaraShannon

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 02:13:46 AM »

princesstina7, I used to get facial flushing.  It calmed down a lot on HRT.

but mine is a mixed bag as I will also get flushing if I miss my thyroid treatments, or if I skip a meal.  The HRT has made it much less likely though.

I could certainly remain flushed and with burning cheeks for at least an hour as I remember, it might have been longer, but definitely up to an hour.

Hope you'll find something that works for you.

princesstina7

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 12:18:49 PM »

thank you for that, I was wondering whether I needed to speak to the dr again. What HRTs worked for you?

Ana21

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 02:53:02 PM »

Hi princesstina7,

You mentioned prolonged flushing and "heating on one side of the face only."  When you experience flushing on one side of your face, is that side of the face red and the other side remains unaffected, ie not red? 

Does it look like this?  https://www.thelancet.com/cms/attachment/f759837a-c0aa-47df-a8a6-082962e5a8d9/gr1.jpg

princesstina7

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 09:09:29 AM »

Hi princesstina7,

You mentioned prolonged flushing and "heating on one side of the face only."  When you experience flushing on one side of your face, is that side of the face red and the other side remains unaffected, ie not red? 

Does it look like this?  https://www.thelancet.com/cms/attachment/f759837a-c0aa-47df-a8a6-082962e5a8d9/gr1.jpg
Not quite. There wasnt a distinct line. You can see the cheek is flushed but I cant see the line like you have in the picture. Should I be concerned about it?

Shorty Pants

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 09:35:42 PM »

I have had this from time to time. I haven't had it where it's steamed up my glasses as with a hot sweat, but that one or both of my cheeks gos red, but feels very hot and burning.
It can last a good 2-3 hours for me, but sometimes less.
I've never quite got to the bottom of it really. I've had it this last week when the tiny dose of patch I have went awry,  but have also found it improved when I worked on things like my iron, vit D and B levels.
Sorry I can't provide more answers, but just wanted you to know you're not going bonkers! Or if you are, there are 2 of us!  ;)

Charleyfarley

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 01:25:30 PM »

Hi PrincessTina

I have a hot face that can last 5-6 hours. Nowhere else on my body. Just my face. I have the worst health anxiety known to man but oddly this is one of the symptoms I haven’t worried about too much. I think I definitely read that some women can experience a hot flush just in their face.

I must have read it somewhere or I would have conducted a 3 day intense research paper and stalked my GP practice 😂🤦‍♀️

I shouldn’t laugh…but sometimes I just have to…I told my nurse yesterday that I’m going to be a fully fledged consultant in biology soon with the amount of studies, data and symptoms I trawl thru 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️