Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot to Evorel - symptoms returned  (Read 576 times)

Smitch79

• First Flush
Estradot to Evorel - symptoms returned
« on: February 02, 2024, 02:02:11 PM »

Hi, I’m new on here.
I’m 57 and I’ve been on HRT for 5 years now. I started off on Evorel 50 patches, then quickly moved onto Estradot 50, along with the Mirena coil. I also use Vagirux pessaries twice a week. I have found this regime works extremely well for me, all my menopause symptoms disappeared.
However, with the current problems of getting hold of Estradot, my doctor had to prescribe Evorel 50, which I’ve been using for 6 weeks now. Within 2 weeks of starting on Evorel I ended up with a UTI. Then the night sweats started along with anxiety (which I’ve never really suffered from before). The night sweats are so bad I often need to change my nightie in the middle of the night. My question is, do I need to up the dosage of Evorel if I still can’t get hold of Estradot or will things settle down? Has anyone else had problems moving from Estradot to Evorel even though they are both estradiol 50? Help please!

Pippa52

Re: Estradot to Evorel - symptoms returned
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 07:31:44 PM »

I feel your pain!  However I got my Estradot patches last week and the pharmacist said they are coming back into stock now.  I hope you can get yours too very soon x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 09:09:20 PM »

I found estradot slightly stronger than evorel but it sounds as though you don't absorb it as well. I would up the dose.

Smitch79

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 09:32:59 PM »

Thank you both for your replies. Pippa, I’m glad you managed to get your Estradot recently. I’ve been trying the last couple of days to get my latest Estradot prescription filled but so far, it’s not in stock here. Sheila, I think you could be right. I will have to call my GP next week to increase the dose of Evorel if I still have no luck with Estradot. These constant shortages are getting very stressful!

Winterose

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 12:28:28 PM »

I had that problem with Evorel and my prescription is 100 Evorel patches and I cut up another one to add to it so on about 135 which stopped the symptoms . Probably an absorption issue

Smitch79

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 06:29:46 PM »

Thank you everyone. I finally picked up my prescription for Estradot yesterday after trying for over two months in total. I can now breathe a sigh of relief - until the next prescription is due!