Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is reload needed if switch from vagifem to Ovestin  (Read 543 times)

Orba

Is reload needed if switch from vagifem to Ovestin
« on: February 20, 2024, 12:07:28 PM »

Hi  Ladies,
Just a quick one.
If I switch from vagifem to Ovestin do I need to do a load dose of this product or can I switched straight across ?
I've been on Vagifem 3 years but for various reasons want to try something else.
Ideally I'd love to try intrarosa but my uninterested GP said he s never heard of it !!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is reload needed if switch from vagifem to Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 02:16:46 PM »

How often were you using the 'vagifem'?  MayB a break of one night then use as you have been.  Why the change? 

Orba

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 09:38:53 PM »

Hi, was using 3 x weekly but I feel the vagifem is causing local irritation. I also am diagnosed with lichen schlerosus. I've now bought the Ovestin so just want to try it .. I think this is Estriol rather than Estridiol. If the irritation is the same then I ll know it probably wasn't the Vagifem.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 09:56:02 PM »

It's probably that you aren't using enough, some require nightly insertion of 'vagifem' as well as 'ovestin' on the outer labia.  If the area becomes dry there will be irritation. 

I using 'ovestin' internally and occasionally applying a dab to the outer area really good, sometimes I use KY Jelly instead on the outer labia. Let us know how you get on.