Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding worries  (Read 644 times)

Donna69

Bleeding worries
« on: February 01, 2024, 04:07:39 PM »

Hi a long story but came off sequi hrt last July had 7 weeks of bleeding which ended up finishing beginning of sept had a hysteroscopy/biopsy end of sept all clear.no bleeding until today got a light period bleed after feeling hormonal sore boobs bloated tummy etc could this be a random natural period at age 54 or should I be worried?been on hrt for a long time so never known if I had gone through full menopause

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding worries
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 04:31:06 PM »

Your own hormones I would expect.

Were you given any advice after the investigations? 

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary for 3 months to see whether a pattern forms. 

Donna69

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 04:55:41 PM »

No I wasn’t given any advice just told all clear didn’t go back on hrt as I was coping with the few hot flushes I had worried polys or worse have appeared but would this happen in such a short space of time since all clear on hysteroscopy and biopsy??

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 04:59:54 PM »

I doubt weather polyps etc. would appear if there wasn't nil of note on the scans.

My polyp, sensitive to touch, disappeared at peri  ::)

If U are concerned then contact your Nurse Practitioner or the dept where you were scanned, who should know if recurrence is likely.  Let us know how you get on.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 05:02:37 PM »

No I wasn’t given any advice just told all clear didn’t go back on hrt as I was coping with the few hot flushes I had worried polys or worse have appeared but would this happen in such a short space of time since all clear on hysteroscopy and biopsy??

Could it be a normal period? You're still well within the 12 months since the last one. Given you had hormonal feelings in the lead up to this bleed, I'd say its more likely to be something going on with your hormones rather than related to the bleed / previous investigation.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 06:10:01 PM »

Have U started another thread  :-\ ?  U can continue in the other one, if necessary alter the subject line.

Or responses may become lost. 

I suggest that you copy and paste the other topic onto here ..........