Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: As anyone taken health and her menopause biome supplements?  (Read 762 times)

TC4775

As anyone taken health and her menopause biome supplements?
« on: January 31, 2024, 05:31:19 PM »

I was reading health and her menopause biome supplements on holland and barret saying that people were losing weight and less bloating and a better night sleep . I take everol conti Patches which consists of estrogen and progestogen. Does anybody takes it 🤔 as i am interested I will have to wait until I see my doctor next week

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: As anyone taken health and her menopause biome supplements?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 05:50:16 PM »

Who might 'health' be ? Most products at H&B are not tested to the extent that medications are.

Which symptom would you like to ease first?

TC4775

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 06:01:51 PM »

Who might 'health' be ? Most products at H&B are not tested to the extent that medications are.

Which symptom would you like to ease first?

Less bloated better sleep lose weight

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 06:29:28 PM »

I HATED that bloated feeling every month and hate it even more when it happens these days though fortunately not too often!

Weight loss can be helped by joining a support group, MinL dropped weight with Weight Watchers years ago.  Everything that she would eat was weighed the night B4 and put onto a saucer, the idea being that when the saucer was empty that was it. Until the next day.  A lady who cooked from scratch every night for 3 healthy men there was no processed foods which is where a lot of our current weight issues arise from.

If U slowly add extra fruits/veg to your daily diet, you should feel fuller for longer.  The idea apparently is not to deny anything.  Some1 would have to fight me for my chocolate bar pudding !!

If the body is less bloated in my experience I sleep better.  Do U have to wake with an alarm 'cos I found that 1 ear would be leaning towards it all night  :-\. In case we over slept.

Who might 'health' be?

TC4775

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 09:00:11 PM »

I got two alarms one is my mobile and my actual alarm clock
I belong to slimming world
Just got back to my 2 stone award
I was on utrogestan tablets and patches had to come of utrogestan due to breathing problems and chest pains

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 09:58:00 AM »

How often do you attend slimming world?  Do U feel supported there?

Sphynx

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 11:24:53 AM »

They sell these at work, and to be honest, they don’t sell as they are very expensive. They do sell when reduced! Speaking to the odd customer, many seem to prefer the Menopace brand of menopause products. I haven’t tried any of them myself. You could always try them and see how you get on. Or look at individual products that might help, like vitamins, minerals, gut health supplements and sleep aids.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 12:04:43 PM »

I was reading health and her menopause biome supplements on holland and barret saying that people were losing weight and less bloating and a better night sleep . I take everol conti Patches which consists of estrogen and progestogen. Does anybody takes it 🤔 as i am interested I will have to wait until I see my doctor next week

Is the supplement a probiotic? Gut health is really important for bloating, indigestion, digestion in general but you can achieve it by adding fermented foods into your diet, such as sauerkraut, kimchi, keffir (water or milk keffir). There is a great fermenting group on FB called UK Fermenting Friends where you can make a wide range of things very cheaply and easily, it's my favourite group and very supporties of newbies to fermenting. Also make sure you have lots of pre biotics in diet such as green leafy veg, leeks etc as they do the groundwork in order for the probiotics to be able to work. I would try diet first.
I've also found I get a lot more bloated since starting hrt, estrogen retains water, progesterone acts as a diuretic and I think conti means you are taking both at the same time, is that right? So that may be contributing too.
If diet doesn't work and you want to work on your biome with a probiotic,  then I'd look for brands with less fillers than H&B. Ones like Biocare, Udos Choice, Biokult etc. Just something mild and broad spectrum. Takes awhile to work though and sometimes awhile for tummy to get used to. I always take some after antibiotics to put some good bacteria back in.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 04:06:31 PM »

I love leeks raw or slightly cooked spread with butter and black pepper.  Broccoli too again with butter and black pepper after a light simmering.  Carrots take too much chewing  ::): spuds in any form and yams.  🍠 cauliflower occasionally.

Not so good on the fruits though  :-\ but my gut is much better now that I am older and wiser about what to stuff my face with ;-)

I found that cutting out processed foods i.e. cakes bought from the shop, eased my gut problems a lot.  I was really ill on New Year's Eve after going back to cake, biscuits, Battenberg ......... even though we still ate a lot of veg. the processed foods took over  :-\  :'(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 04:09:10 PM by CLKD »