Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can going from Gel to Patch make you feel even worse?  (Read 2907 times)

sfreesto

Re: Can going from Gel to Patch make you feel even worse?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2024, 06:54:53 PM »

I’ve moved from 4 pumps Oestrogel per day to Estradot 100 and feel much better than I did. On the Oestrogel I was jittery, but if I reduced to 3 pumps I had hot flushes and joint pain. On Estradot 100 everything feels more even, I’m not jittery and the hot flushes and joint pain have gone. X

Pippa52

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2024, 02:59:40 PM »

I was just the same Oestrogel did not work for me at all despite having been on it for over 20 years ago originally but something in it changed after the shortages and for me personally it ceased to work at all and I was not absorbing it at all.  I noticed the consistency had changed too.   I find Estradot patches a lot better absorption wise although it took ages for me to get both the right dose and the right spacing day wise. They seem to be back in stock now too as my GP gave me 3  months's worth last week.  They stick really well too I have never had one come off in over a year.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 03:06:41 PM by Pippa52 »

Missfitz

• First Flush
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2024, 12:01:11 PM »

I've had an email back from besin and they are wanting me to return a bottle for analysis and had a response email from the yellow card scheme to say they have contacted basin also.
I urge everyone that has had an issue with oestrogel and return of symptoms on same dose to do the same. We need voice in numbers.
I'm back to the gp next week to ask for a swap with patches or sandrena gel....I just can't decide what to ask for. I'm currently on 4 pumps of oestrogel.

It is quite the nightmare finding the right product! I'm going to give Sandrena or lenzetto a go, then failing that possibly estradot, but in the past theres been a lot of availability issues .

I've returned my oestrogel bottle and given consent for them to contact my GP - I'll update if there's any news
Pages: 1 2 [3]