Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: period/bleeding what's normal  (Read 568 times)

Me

period/bleeding what's normal
« on: January 29, 2024, 08:16:50 PM »

So I finally came off hrt as it became obvious I didn't need it - it was causing serious bloating and sore boobs.
Then, after a few months, quite suddenly, what was left of my periods just stopped and then I started to get mild but annoying hot flushes around the time I was going for job interviews so thought I would restart Evorel Conti and everything has been fine;  no sore boobs, no bloating and no periods until 11 days ago.
I'm not that concerned, I think it's hormonal because I have tender nipples but still, 11 days seems like a very long time.  Should I be worried?

GraceM

Re: period/bleeding what's normal
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 03:53:56 PM »

Bleeding is common when starting HRT, so its likely the restart that has lead to yours.  Also, unless you were a year without periods, you wouldn't be considered post menopausal so periods could start up again anyway. Unfortunately, erratic periods are part and parcel of peri menopause for many of us.  Getting back to your original issues with hrt, try evening primrose oil/starflower oil for the sore boobs.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 04:15:33 PM »

Hi.

You shouldn't be on a conti regime until you've been free from periods for 12 months.
Your then classed as post meno and a conti can be used.
If your peri, then you should be on a sequential regime. 
That's my understanding of it.
Xx

GraceM

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 03:32:44 PM »

Hi.

You shouldn't be on a conti regime until you've been free from periods for 12 months.
Your then classed as post meno and a conti can be used.
If your peri, then you should be on a sequential regime. 
That's my understanding of it.
Xx

Many women are on a continuous regime regardless of being in peri or being post menopausal.  The downside of it can be breakthrough bleeding if you are still in peri, though my periods were fairly regular on continuous utrogestan.  Some women just need the progesterone on a continuous basis to help sleep, mood issues.