Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Sertraline  (Read 8616 times)

tambourine queen

Re: Sertraline
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2024, 10:54:59 AM »

Hi

I’m so pleased to have seen this post too, it’s comforting to see other experiences.

I was given Sertraline this week 50mg.

I’m peri menopausal and on HRT, I’ve been on HRT for about a year and a half.

I’m experiencing terrible anger and then awful anxiety, so I’ve been given this medication after talking to the nurse.

I’ve decided to take 12.5mg to introduce it slowly to my body, whilst I know this is a very low dosage I wanted to take things slowly.

This is day 2, and I take it before bed, as I cannot take with my thyroid medication.

One thing I’ve noticed and I accepted this as being normal, but the constant ringing in my ears (tinnitus) is not as loud as normal, it’s still there but definitely not as prominent.

Has anyone else experienced that?

I can’t report anything else at this stage, as I know I’m on a very very low dosage.

I’m also convinced it’s the progesterone that I cannot tolerate. I changed it to taking it vaginally, and it helped for a while but back to feeling anxious.

What other choices have I got with regards progesterone?

I used to have the coil (I think it was called  T Nova) and  I suffered with terrible mood swings and very heavy periods.

Thanks x

Hi Peanut
I think it was the Progesterone i couldnt' tolerate either. I had a bad time on the pill in my younger days and i had to go on a tri phasic pill so the hormones didn't send me crazy! Its a shame because i am pro HRT and I hope to try again. but for now it was just making me worse than dealing with the peri symptoms was.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]