Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT and TRT  (Read 1871 times)

paperdoll

• First Flush
Re: HRT and TRT
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2024, 07:43:06 AM »

Hi Wrensong, sorry for the late response, I was away for a while.

I have been on testosterone shallow injections to the hips and glutes with an insulin syringe at a low dose of 15mg per week for the past four months. I’m always asked why injections? Personally, I’m not a fan of using pellets or topical treatments due to the lack of control over dosage and the potential transfer of the topical treatment to others, including pets.

Fortunately, I have not experienced anymore hair shedding during brushing or in the shower. In fact I’ve noticed that the new hair growth is not crinkly or frizzy, it looks smooth and straight.

Overall, testosterone has had a positive impact on my well-being, improving my sleep quality, focus, alertness, and even enhancing my weight training at the gym. However, it has not done anything for my low libido levels.

In light of this, my gyno recommended adding a low dose of Estradiol in pill form as an alternative to the gel, considering my previous reaction of hair shedding. I got the prescription and took the first 1mg pill this evening (crossing my fingers I don’t get the same reaction as with the gel).

Thanks for sharing the article, as it’s not easy to find studies on the usage of testosterone in women. Additionally, I have attached another article below that discusses the positive effects of testosterone in women.

https://www.news-medical.net/health/The-Role-of-Testosterone-in-Womene28099s-Health.aspx

Wrensong

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2024, 05:56:03 PM »

Hi paperdoll.  Thank you for the interesting update & it's good to know you no longer have problems with hair shedding :)  It's uncanny that you should post again at this time as I had been thinking about this thread earlier today.

Many of us share your concern about the imprecision of dosing using small amounts of topical testosterone preparations manufactured for men, but as Hurdity mentioned (& as far as I know this is still the case), T is not given by injection as part of menopausal HRT for women in the UK.  Androfeme, also mentioned by Hurdity, is however dispensed in a measured dose appropriate for women, but this formulation is not currently available to us on the NHS & it's quite expensive to buy via private prescription.

Like you, I definitely feel better on testosterone than without it & in several ways, not just those related to its well know sexual effects.  In my case I think it's especially noticeable & needed because I've had both ovaries removed. 

There are many fascinating articles about the role of androgens in women's health & the link you've posted is another that will be of interest & value to other members, I'm sure.  So thank you for sharing it.

I hope you find the oral oestrogen has no adverse affects.  Please do post again if you find the forum helpful.
Wx
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:57:37 PM by Wrensong »

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2024, 01:34:02 PM »

This is interesting paperdoll, What country are you in?
I hope the NHS soon allows testosterone more easily, it's ridiculous the current situation where women who are naturally used to having a lot more testosterone than either oestrogen or progesterone, can only get replacement for the hormones traditionally associated with women. It isn't a sensible situation at all, the reasons not to give women something regarded as manly are entirely cultural, not scientific.

I'm taking tibolone now. It's a daily pill that does the job. Oestrogel works in a different way and feels different when you're on it too, compared to tibolone. They deal with different symptoms from each other and I believe tibolone's testosterone producing action is the reason. It's the only testosterone replacement I'm allowed because I've a nervous GP. I'm a low risk individual, a different doctor is what I need!

There is every possibility your hair will stay stuck this time, good luck!

laszla

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2024, 01:51:39 PM »

it's ridiculous the current situation where women who are naturally used to having a lot more testosterone than either oestrogen or progesterone, can only get replacement for the hormones traditionally associated with women. It isn't a sensible situation at all, the reasons not to give women something regarded as manly are entirely cultural, not scientific.

Exactly this, it is an entirely anti-rational situation that undermines scientific credibility
Pages: 1 [2]