Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blissel Gel  (Read 906 times)

cebe

Blissel Gel
« on: February 16, 2024, 03:07:28 PM »

Hi. Have just been prescribed Blissel Gel for my VA. I was on ovestin last year but had awful side effects. Tried to manage the VA myself by using Yes products which have worked for 9 months but for some reason they stopped working. The burning and soreness has got so bad I had to see GP who has prescribed the Bissel Gel. I was wondering if there are any side effects of using this gel because I just could'nt bear adding to this awful pain. I am 65 years old.
Thank you.

Dotty

Re: Blissel Gel
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 04:14:45 PM »

Hi I use Blissel gel….i haven’t any side effects .

cebe

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 05:29:19 PM »

Thanks for replying. Good to know you don't have any side effects. Nervous about using it but will give it a go. Can I ask if you use the gel on the outside as well as internally to help will the burning/soreness or do you use other products externally.

Jules

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 12:40:57 AM »

Is that estrogen based and if so is it the same as vagifem pessaries?

cebe

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 05:16:12 AM »

Yes it is eostrogen based. I'm just afraid to start it because i had awful effects on ovestin. I'm getting in a state about all this because the GP was very abrupt and i felt i could'nt talk to her.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2024, 07:27:52 AM »

Hi I don’t use it externally as I don’t suffer with burning externally. x

Blot

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 08:39:03 AM »

Hi. It seems the Blissel gel is a newer product which contains a lower dose of estriol and is supposed to be gentler and cause less irritation.
Give it a try and see how you get on because you shouldn’t be suffering like this. And see a different doc if you can. She sounds awful.

cebe

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 09:21:21 AM »

Thank you all for your replies. I live alone and don't have anyone to talk to about this so it's nice that there are women out there who will reply. I will give the Blissel gel a go because I can't stand this pain anymore.

Jules

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 10:11:41 AM »

Yes it is eostrogen based. I'm just afraid to start it because i had awful effects on ovestin. I'm getting in a state about all this because the GP was very abrupt and i felt i could'nt talk to her.

I've felt the same with my GP this week. I might ask about trying that. I've had a bleed after using vagifem strength products so if that's not as strong she may prescribe. Don't be in pain, have a go.