Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How soon did you feel positive effects of HRT?  (Read 885 times)

Sphynx

• First Flush
How soon did you feel positive effects of HRT?
« on: January 28, 2024, 12:57:11 PM »

I’ve only been on Evorel Conti for a few weeks. I’m not sure if I’m imagining slight changes. Can it work so quickly? What’s your experience?

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: How soon did you feel positive effects of HRT?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 01:03:28 PM »

When you find something that works, it makes a huge difference.
What are your symptoms?
I found Evorel Conti ok, but I developed side effects and basically went crazy from the northisterone in it which google says 10-20% of women cannot tolerate for this reason.
Assuming you're in the Lucky 80% who tolerate progesterone, you could try asking the GP to increase the dose until you feel an improvement, this is often needed.
I found Estradot absorbed way better than Everol and oestrogel just was 10x more effective for me than either, that is due to everyone absorbing these meds slightly differently.

I forgot to answer the question, duh. I got better slightly on Evorel in the 11 weeks I took it, my night sweats improved within two weeks.
With oestrogel I feel it a minute after application and over the next hour the relief is great, instantly.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 01:05:36 PM by pastie supper »

Sphynx

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 03:10:17 PM »

Hi, I have many symptoms, but the main ones I cannot put up with are hot flashes, brain fog, anxiety and poor sleep. My hot flashes come and go, and I haven’t had one for a few months before I even thought about trying HRT, so I don’t know if it’s  helped these yet. However, my sleep is better, I’ve been sleeping 7 hours and if I wake, I’ll sleep for a few more hours. Unheard of! I also don’t feel as anxious. Things I’ve put off for a year I’ve been able to complete in the 2 weeks I’ve been on Evorel. I think I feel slightly brighter, but that could be because I’m actually sleeping now.

Banjo1973

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 04:46:59 PM »

Hi Sphynx,

I noticed improvements quickly too. I don't think it's in your head. I agree that good sleep makes life so much brighter, however, hrt improved hot feet (my version of hot flushes) and anxiety pangs very quickly (maybe a couple of weeks). Within a couple of months, my eyebags reduced, my waist came back and I felt more confident and energetic.

Hoping you keep getting better xxx

Sphynx

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 04:22:18 PM »

Thank you for your reply.
I’m glad you’ve had a good experience.
I do feel I have a tiny bit more get up and go, and it feels good not to wake with that awful anxious feeling in my chest.
Libido is still non existent though. Not sure if this will help with time?

Banjo1973

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 04:26:27 PM »

For some women hrt helps with libido. Made no difference to mine.

Testosterone is supposed to help with libido, but it's not made a massive impact on mine

I wish you luck x

Violetta808

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024, 07:58:54 PM »

Hi Sphynx

I'm a little further along than you at 3.5 months on HRT (started on Everol Conti but now taking a separate progestogen).

I noticed a difference after the first week - I had been waking up with headaches maybe twice a week, and they stopped, just like that. I couldn't quite believe it! That immediately put me in a better mood, obviously lol.

Other things take longer. I still don't have a libido to speak of but maybe just a flicker occasionally. I've found the systemic oestrogen has helped a lot with dryness - I didn't have vaginal atrophy as such, but was quite tender and uncomfortable inside and out, despite using topical oestrogen. After maybe two months I noticed a big difference, and that really helps psychologically.

It does sound like it's working for you though if the anxiety is lifting and your sleep is better - I do hope you continue to feel better. x

PearlJ

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 08:33:51 PM »

I would say I noticed a change after about a month. My symptoms were similar to depression and feeling like crying all the time. Things that would have just annoyed me before felt like the end of the world! This is so much better. I’ve been on HRT 2 months now. Libido is still rubbish but I do remember listening to a Tracy Cox podcast and she said “women don’t lose interest in sex, they lose interest in the type of sex that’s on offer!” So maybe that’s part of it too! 🙈

Emma74

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 08:41:18 PM »

I felt some positive effects almost immediately. Mostly it took my rage down. :)

PearlJ

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 09:39:08 PM »

I felt some positive effects almost immediately. Mostly it took my rage down. :)
I would agree with this. Rage is a good word!