Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Missed period - normal?  (Read 783 times)

Amber78

• First Flush
Missed period - normal?
« on: January 26, 2024, 03:55:33 PM »

I've never missed a period in 31 years until now! I'm 45 and peri, definitely not pregnant. The last 2 years have been short cycles, heavy flow, but this month - nothing  :-\
No symptoms to suggest it's on its way either, I feel SO weird. 
Has anyone else had their periods stop suddenly in peri? I thought it would be a gradual fade away so I'm freaking out a little..x
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 04:00:20 PM by Amber78 »

Penguin

Re: Missed period - normal?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 04:29:00 PM »

I know a few people whose periods just suddenly stopped. It's also possible that you may get one at any point, or have months of pmt with no period. Its all normal. Do you feel good in yourself?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 04:34:22 PM »

Probably normal for peri.  My periods waxed and waned for years, I knew it was The Change.  They would disappear for months, then return on a sort-of regular basis  ::).  In 2002 they disappeared ............ I then had a few months of cold flushes across the back of my neck and intense itching in the same region after my bath.

Read around.   :welcomemm:  make notes.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Ask away!

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 04:50:57 PM »

Mine just stopped for four months aged 48 then became regular again for a year. After that they were 2 weeks apart for a few months then 9 months without followed by regular for 6 months then nothing for ages before starting again with flooding etc. At 53 I began HRT so I have no idea when they would have eventually stopped for good. You get used to always carrying sanitary protection just in case.  :)

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Amber78

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 05:15:44 PM »

Thanks all, I guess it's gonna be a turbulent few years.. Bit disconcerting as even though periods are a pain (literally), at least you know where you're at when they're regular! I feel okay generally, have quite a few physical peri symptoms so this will just add into the mix - oh the joy  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 05:22:22 PM »

Fortunately the excruciating pains I suffered every month went during peri..    I didn't stop carrying sanitary protection for 5 years after my last bleed. 

Any other symptoms that we can help with? 

Amber78

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 07:16:32 PM »

That must have been a relief to lose the pain!
Symptoms (so far) are hair loss, joint and muscle aches, tinnitus.  Feel like i don't really know my body anymore which is strange..x

Christine79

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 08:04:12 PM »

My periods started to change in my early 40s, when I was 43 I went 4 months without one. Now they are erratic, so always have to be prepared. This is common in peri and can continue for as long as upto 10 years with hormonal fluctuations up until full menopause and no periods.
I started HRT last year due to physical symptoms, anxiety and brain fog.
Hope that reassures you. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 09:37:01 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become dry, inside and out  ::)

Deva1

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:29 PM »

Amber 78. The first time you miss does feel weird but you sort of get used to feeling different. It's a rollercoaster. It's odd not having a regular pattern each month though. Keep a note of how your symptoms change each month. You may start to see a different pattern occur to give you some sort of what to expect if you know what I mean .