Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorol conti patches  (Read 1305 times)

monalisa

Evorol conti patches
« on: January 26, 2024, 08:31:43 PM »

Good evening
I am 64 years old and have been on evorol conti patches for over 7 years .

For the past year I feel that my health has declined and I have aches and pains all over my body headaches fatigue brain fog absolutely no interest in sex ( my poor husband) low mood and I am wondering if I am not absorbing estrogen and I may need to ask my doctor if I can up my patch but it states 3.2 mg of estrodol .

Can anyone offer advice please so I can go armed to my doctor , I am desperate to live a better quality of life for me and my family 🙏

I am not sure what size patch I am on

Amerififer

Re: Evorol conti patches
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 08:40:39 PM »

Hiya monalisa

I started on everol conti patches a few years ago... after about a year/18 months it stopped working.. symptoms returned.. So i got in touch with my GP.. I am now on a Everol conti patch , (Evorel Conti patches are: 3.2mg estradiol hemihydrate, 11.2mg norethisterone acetate. The patch will release 50mcg estradiol and 170mcg norethisterone per day)                                           as well as a everol 25 patch ( Evorel 25 is marked 'CE25', has a surface area of 8 sq cm and contains 1.6 mg estradiol corresponding to a release rate of 25 micrograms of estradiol in 24 hours)
You may just need your dose tweaked or sometimes a change of product.. First step is speaking to your GP.. :)   

monalisa

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 08:52:21 PM »

Thank you for your reply but not sure I understand if I can ask to stay on the evorol coni patches and just up the dose ? Or are they all the same dosage?

Amerififer

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 10:38:20 PM »

Thank you for your reply but not sure I understand if I can ask to stay on the evorol coni patches and just up the dose ? Or are they all the same dosage?
Everol Conti is a combined patch and only comes in one dose 50 mcg which gives you  50mcg estradiol and 170mcg norethisterone per day. So if you need something adjusted it would mean another single patch which in my case gives me an additional 25 micrograms of estradiol in 24 hours.  So  I have two patches that I change twice a week
I really depends on what your GP thinks is necessary.. The patches only come in certain doses so if not what is needed your GP may think of changing you from the patches to another form of HRT.. ( tablets etc ) ..   :)

monalisa

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 05:24:23 AM »

So do you use two patches at once?
Did you have to go through your gp to ok this ?
I wonder if this would work for me or if I could do one and a half patches?

Amerififer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 09:50:34 AM »

So do you use two patches at once?
Did you have to go through your gp to ok this ?
I wonder if this would work for me or if I could do one and a half patches?

Yes I currently use two patches..
 One everol conti 50 . and one everol 25. I went through my GP..
 I'd check with your GP as if you are thinking of halving the conti patch.. The everol conti  is a combined patch (two different things in it) so if you halved it you'd be getting half of both things which you might not need.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 10:51:31 AM »

The conti patch contains enough progestin for the oestrogen in the patch. You could use an evorel 75 patch with a separate progestin such as utrogeston. Some doctors will prescribed 1.5 conti patches but it's more usual to change the progestin.

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2024, 01:52:37 PM »

Perhaps your testosterone levels have dropped?

Libido seems to indicate that hormone in particular and young women have five times more testosterone than oestrogen, it's culturally known as being the male hormone, because they have more than we do, but it's still our most abundant hormone when young and declines with age more slowly than the other two because it's not as affected by the decline of the ovaries. I think it's made in the adrenal glands but I'm only a google reader, not a doctor!

Some GPs will prescribe it for women, others reserve it for men as it's off label for women currently.