Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Cold hands and feet  (Read 1040 times)

Minnie Mouse

Cold hands and feet
« on: January 17, 2024, 06:11:43 PM »

Hello MM ladies! I know it's really, really cold but I have noticed that my feet and hands seem harder to warm up than normal.
Is this yet another menopause thing or am I being paranoid?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cold hands and feet
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 06:21:19 PM »

I am always complaining of cold feet, from the knees downwards.  DH tells me that they feel 'normal' : what ever that means  ::).  Keeping the body well padded from waist downwards might help, my friend was told this by a GP as she suffered badly with chilblains.  So granny pants ;-), good socks and warm safe slippers.

Sitting with feet off the floor may help, on a cushion to avoid the draft which may nip from door to fireplace as chimneys draw cold air.   

I have a cashmere 'throw' which when wrapped around my thighs/legs when sitting with feet up, really helps.

My cold spots are the back of my shoulders below the neck, a lack of brown fat.  Apparently. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:23:44 PM by CLKD »

Minnie Mouse

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 06:46:02 PM »

ha ha, I was in granny pants years ago! Sitting with feet off the floor is a good one

Charleyfarley

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 06:47:39 PM »

My hands and feet are always freezing since peri hit. I’ve found that even if I don’t want a hot drink, filling my mug with hot water and wrapping my hands round it in the evening really helps 😂🙌🏻 in fact right now I’m on the sofa with two pairs of socks on and an electric blanket! Xx

fiftyplus

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 06:51:31 PM »

I am the same but I don't know if it is menopause related or not.  I bought a cosy fluffy hot water bottle to put my feet in from Amazon and also a fluffy hot water bottle which is more like a muff/mit which you can stick your hands in (very on trend at the moment as it is animal print haha).  I am sure you can buy them elsewhere also, I think I saw aldi were advertising them at one point and were of course cheaper there.  Good luck x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 08:26:53 PM »

My feet are cold from the ankles down this evening, even with the wood burner lit - I need to reach for my cashmere.  I don't think it's peri-menopause for me as we always had a hottie at night. 

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 09:03:05 PM »

My feet/toes/lower legs are cold this evening even with feet off the floor  >:( but I have ankle socks under jeans rather than knee length.

Minnie Mouse

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 08:49:25 PM »

I bought the fluffy foot hot water bottle (thanks Fiftyplus), it's been great, it's comforting as much as it's warming.
Got a new symptom...regular numb bum after sitting for 20 mins, have to get up and move around.
I'll start a new thread on numb bum if it doesn't go away, grrr

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 08:54:59 PM »

No need to start a new thread - simply change the subject line using the modify button ;-)

Any1 using those long hot water bottles?