Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Alternative Prog v hysterectomy  (Read 473 times)

Orangey1

• First Flush
Alternative Prog v hysterectomy
« on: January 20, 2024, 06:19:36 PM »

Hello ladies

I've gained so much from browsing your experiences and I love the sense of community, candour and humour.

I'm 47 meno at 38/39 never had kids (😭) tried quite a few options for hrt. Didn't get on at all with progesterone: hives, acne, dermatitis, along with all the usual like massive bloating, breast tenderness, low libido, tearfulness etc.

Was prescribed eventually sandrena + cyproterone acetate to oppose

Now have 12.7mm endo hyperplasia (shd be 5mm) and polyps. Resection on Monday via hysteroscopy (eek)

Need either new HrT regime. Or hysterectomy and wanted to get thoughts and experience.

I preserved with urtogestan for 2 years but honestly was horrendous

After a difficult period am on antidepressants otherwise healthy fit and active. BMi 23 higher than I'd like but ok

Any advice welcome. I'm now thinking hysterectomy maybe the best route but it's so radical I need info and help.
Thanks in advance you're all amazing x
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 06:23:11 PM by Orangey1 »

mandss

Re: Alternative Prog v hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 06:51:45 PM »

For me a hysterectomy was the best thing I ever did. I also did not get on with progesterone, tried every type and dose going. After years of suffering/bleeding/scans etc I went private, and he said that other than coming off HRT altogether which he said would not be a good idea, he recommended a hysterectomy. I had everything removed just over a year ago (have had my family am 52 now). I have been able to increase my HRT without the fear of bleeding, I am now living the life I should have been living for the last few years. Good luck going forward xx

Orangey1

• First Flush
Re: Alternative Prog v hysterectomy
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 06:55:31 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply. Glad everything worked well for you. Prog intolerance is a total pain!
Just love the community on here.

Will ask about duavive and tibilone but maybe, like a bad tooth (tho not the best comparison!) Get it done and go for hysterectomy but u know, yikes.

Thank you 🙌