Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help with menopause research  (Read 616 times)

lottieg2

• First Flush
Help with menopause research
« on: January 18, 2024, 04:10:44 PM »

I’d really appreciate your help sorry if this is long winded also, I was recently diagnosed perimenopausal at the age of 32. I am currently in the process of changing career to hopefully become a midwife I am currently studying at college doing an access course to higher education in the hopes on going to university in September. One of the subjects I am currently learning requires me to perform a practical investigation in any subject matter and collect data, to then ultimately write about my findings. I thought what better way to understand a little more my recent diagnoses would be to do it on menopause and how it effects sleep and HRT on reaction time. I have written a small questionnaire that I would love for you to fill out for me, also to do a quick reaction test this will take no longer then 5 minutes to complete. Before completing the questionnaire could you please complete the reaction test 5 times which will then give you an overall score and input your result into the questionnaire. I will not be asking any personal information i.e. name and email address etc. All questionnaires are completely anonymous and results will be destroyed after my final written part has been completed. I will attach the questionnaire and reaction test below. Thank you for taking the time in reading this and for your time upon completion.

https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcrEELkzahENXA7EVjbfnU4HpSoSaMgr79q7ArxJU5YwKjdw/viewform?usp=pp_url

jaypo

Re: Help with menopause research
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 04:48:39 PM »

Have you run this past Emma? I think you may have to  :)

lottieg2

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 06:22:45 PM »

How do I do that?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 06:24:12 PM »

Send Emma a message via personal mail to ask permission. 

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 09:50:30 PM »

I’d really appreciate your help sorry if this is long winded also, I was recently diagnosed perimenopausal at the age of 32. I am currently in the process of changing career to hopefully become a midwife I am currently studying at college doing an access course to higher education in the hopes on going to university in September. One of the subjects I am currently learning requires me to perform a practical investigation in any subject matter and collect data, to then ultimately write about my findings. I thought what better way to understand a little more my recent diagnoses would be to do it on menopause and how it effects sleep and HRT on reaction time. I have written a small questionnaire that I would love for you to fill out for me, also to do a quick reaction test this will take no longer then 5 minutes to complete. Before completing the questionnaire could you please complete the reaction test 5 times which will then give you an overall score and input your result into the questionnaire. I will not be asking any personal information i.e. name and email address etc. All questionnaires are completely anonymous and results will be destroyed after my final written part has been completed. I will attach the questionnaire and reaction test below. Thank you for taking the time in reading this and for your time upon completion.

https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcrEELkzahENXA7EVjbfnU4HpSoSaMgr79q7ArxJU5YwKjdw/viewform?usp=pp_url

Done.
My only comment is that some nights my sleep is less than 4 hours, according to my Fitbit.

Suziemc

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 10:07:46 PM »

I've just completed the test and the questionnaire (all very quick for anyone else contemplating doing it) but I just wanted to check something with you.

I had several symptoms, Including very disturbed sleep, which have all been alleviated by taking HRT. So my current answers to them all was 'No'.  Just wanted to ask for clarification that the question is for current status rather than before HRT was started?

Good luck with your career change!

lottieg2

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 10:20:18 PM »

Yes for current stats I want to find out if hrt has improved symptoms