Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: NO WITHDRAWL BLEED CYCLICAL HRT  (Read 590 times)

Jnine

NO WITHDRAWL BLEED CYCLICAL HRT
« on: January 18, 2024, 05:07:41 PM »

Hello Ladies

I am Estrogel 1 pump and progesterone 200mg x 10 days. I don't take the progesterone orally as the side effects were too hard instead I insert vaginally. I am in a rhythm and my period usually arrives a few days after day 10 of the progesterone. My question is I have not had a withdrawal bleed this month but have had all the premenstural side effects moods, bloating etc that come before a bleed is this normal? is this because I insert them instead of taking orally? fretting a bit its day 4 since I should have had a bleed and still feel bloated and pms!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: NO WITHDRAWL BLEED CYCLICAL HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 06:29:20 PM »

I hate that bloated feeling.  What were your periods up to B4 you went on HRT?  It may that the regime is missing a month.

Perhaps put the product names into the search box: individually : and make notes. 

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 06:32:34 PM »

This happened to me the month before last. I'd stopped estrogel for a few days (also on one pump), restarted and thought it'd be okay then didn't get my withdrawal bleed that month. Ladies on here reassured me that it was due to lining not building up enough and, sure enough, withdrawal bleed came as normal this month. Honestly I wouldn't worry. You are not on a high dose of estrogel and if your own estrogen has taken a nosedive or is fluctuating, chances are it is the same for you.
And I also got all the pms symptoms, it was horrible, I was desperate for the release. Also bear in mind next bleed might be heavier and more clotty etc.

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 07:00:31 PM »

Happened to me as well it is because we are on such a low dose of gel, I also only use 1 pump and for the last 2 months have had no withdrawal bleed. You are using quite a high dose of utrogestan am sure you could drop to 100mg if you have regular scans.

Jnine

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 07:37:56 PM »

thank you ladies for your comments. I started taking the hrt for terrible mood swings, brain fog and PMS. I don't have any hot flushes or night sweats. I
decided to try HRT to see if it helps but to be honest my brain fog is still foggy and my moods haven't overly improved on the hrt. I have been taking hrt for almost a year now.

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 07:45:32 PM »

I wonder if your estrogen is still low then, one pump isn't a lot. I have had to increase recently and now do two pumps on the days I take utrogestan (12 days per month). You could try increasing a bit before giving up, but suggest doing it slowly.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 07:46:45 PM »

Hi Jnine

I was advised to eat every 3 hours, 24/7.  Not to add anything to my diet overall, but spread it out day/night.  To keep blood sugar levels even = less mood swings .  Also helped stop the dreadful sudden nausea B4 a period arrived. 

My moods/rages were dreadful in the 4-5 days prior to a period.  Certainly the 3 hour regime was hard work initially but I certainly noticed if I missed a meal/snack.  My puppy at the time loved it: when she went out to pee in the early hours she soon realised that there was a biscuit by the bed  ;D

I have brain fog .......... haven't required HRT other than vaginal atrophy treatment.