Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Jittery and Going Mad  (Read 836 times)

Goldie70

Jittery and Going Mad
« on: January 16, 2024, 12:28:58 PM »

I’ve been feeling out of sorts the past couple of weeks so decided to be more organised in my Oestrogel application - was a bit haphazard with it and the new pump I have requires depressed fully to release a pump of gel and it seems a large amount when I dispense my 2 pumps.   My previous pump dispensed little petite pumps!!

I am feeling jittery, anxious, tight feeling in chest and aches and pains and just a bit spaced out.  Boobs were very tender for a few days.  Apart from thinking I was having a heart attack I now think it must be too much oestrogen - tempted to ditch this all together and put up with my mild symptoms as this is horrendous and feel like I’m going mad. 

Thanks goodness for this forum.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Jittery and Going Mad
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 01:08:48 PM »

Welcome.  Sometimes ladies have to experiment with HRT delivered by pump.  MayB return to the original dose then add a little extra one night to see how you feel the next day.

Why did U think that you require HRT?  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

WildOtter

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 02:08:38 PM »

I can't advise, but sympathies - I have very similar symptoms and it's hell not knowing if it means too much, too little, too sudden, the natural side effects of an increase which will pass if given time, etc.

I said to my counsellor earlier trying to adjust your HRT dosage is like playing blackjack, do you stick twist or go bust.

Goldie70

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 02:24:16 PM »

Welcome.  Sometimes ladies have to experiment with HRT delivered by pump.  MayB return to the original dose then add a little extra one night to see how you feel the next day.

Why did U think that you require HRT?  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Thank you for your welcome  - it’s good to be here.  To be honest … it was mainly for skin breakouts,tiredness and mood swings but that seems to have cleared up since I got the Mirena and stopped the horrendous heavy periods which left me anaemic.  Maybe I don’t need it after all but I felt so anxious and poor sleep I thought it was worth a try … but actually feel worse on it …

Goldie70

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 02:27:41 PM »

I can't advise, but sympathies - I have very similar symptoms and it's hell not knowing if it means too much, too little, too sudden, the natural side effects of an increase which will pass if given time, etc.

I said to my counsellor earlier trying to adjust your HRT dosage is like playing blackjack, do you stick twist or go bust.

It’s actually making me have severe health anxiety which is something I’ve never had.  I do think it’s a case of trial and error with dosage … it’s difficult to know where I am periods wise and if fully in the menopause as since  I had the Mirena coil inserted no periods to gauge against. 

How did our grandmothers cope with all this?!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 02:36:50 PM »

Many grandmothers were sent to lunatic asylums  :'( or sat quietly 'having the vapors'. 

Would you consider stopping the replacement for ?? 3 months to see how your body settles?  Some require an anti-depressant which helps ease anxiety surges.  My GP prescribed Propranol daily ........ to ease surges.

Primrose2021

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 07:48:51 PM »

I totally relate to your post.  I have decided to come off HRT due to having high anxiety, heart racing episodes and feeling jittery/wired since taking it. The only advantage I felt was better sleep however, in the last couple of weeks I felt too wired to sleep properly. I have concluded that it's not for me and will therefore go back to using more natural remedies. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Charleyfarley

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 08:21:51 PM »

I can relate….i’ve recently stopped HRT and I also have experienced debilitating health anxiety since the onset of peri…you’re not alone, everyone on this forum has been a god send during some very dark days…welcome and please don’t feel like your alone…I feel that can make things a million times worse when you feel isolated xxx

Goldie70

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 08:03:01 AM »

Thanks - this forum is great to see that you are most definitely not alone.  I didn’t apply the gel last night and no jitters at all…. I think I’m going to stay off it and see what happens….

Goldie70

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 08:04:11 AM »

I totally relate to your post.  I have decided to come off HRT due to having high anxiety, heart racing episodes and feeling jittery/wired since taking it. The only advantage I felt was better sleep however, in the last couple of weeks I felt too wired to sleep properly. I have concluded that it's not for me and will therefore go back to using more natural remedies. I hope you start to feel better soon.

After not applying it last night and no jittery anxiety I’m going to try the same.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 09:35:20 AM »

Morning - do let us know how you get on?