Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worried…..womb lining getting thicker  (Read 3606 times)

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: Worried…..womb lining getting thicker
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2024, 03:52:30 PM »

Wow that is quick, I definitely live in the wrong area. Feels like I live in a different country to you ladies.
Hope all goes well for you
It's very much postcode driven, isn't it?
I had unexpected bleeding at two years post meno. I'd to wait five months for the menopause clinic to phone me and another four months before I got my scan.
They were aware that they are meant to scan within two weeks on the NHS, so not being in the south they don't have the resources, they decided the best option was to call me peri menopausal while I waited so it doesn't mess up their stats.
As soon as I had my scan I was rediagnosed as post meno immediately, lol.
Luckily all was fine, but if I had to do it all again I would go private, I didn't anticipate the NHS being in such a complete mess.

Northerngirl

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2024, 04:42:33 PM »

Wow that is quick, I definitely live in the wrong area. Feels like I live in a different country to you ladies.
Hope all goes well for you
It's very much postcode driven, isn't it?
I had unexpected bleeding at two years post meno. I'd to wait five months for the menopause clinic to phone me and another four months before I got my scan.
They were aware that they are meant to scan within two weeks on the NHS, so not being in the south they don't have the resources, they decided the best option was to call me peri menopausal while I waited so it doesn't mess up their stats.
As soon as I had my scan I was rediagnosed as post meno immediately, lol.
Luckily all was fine, but if I had to do it all again I would go private, I didn't anticipate the NHS being in such a complete mess.
pastiesupper...it is definitely a postcode lottery  I didn't have a clue how bad things are until I need them. I have only 3 more days to wait until my hysteroscopy/biopsy and I still think it will be cancelled last minute. I can't wait for it all to be done as I'm so anxious about it all still and the waiting hasn't helped with the anxiety....I'm more worried about the anaesthetic than the hysteroscopy I think (had one before under local...incredibly painful).
I've also been told by a few people, including nurses at the hospital that biopsy results are taking 9 weeks to come back and that includes bad news results. I honestly don't know how to cope with it all as that will take me to about 6 months since symptoms began.

Nellf

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2024, 03:41:00 PM »

Meno44 I'm due to go for a biopsy tomorrow.  You said Gynae put a coil in while doing your hysteroscopy.  I'm hoping that they might do the same with me.  I just wondered how you are feeling after the coil being Inserted?  I'm a wee bit dubious about having it put in and would really appreciate your thoughts x

Fizwhizz

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2024, 05:37:17 PM »

I’m spotting and wanted to hop on for support too please. I’ve stopped oestrogen but still taking progesterone. It’s not much and it’s brown so old blood and a bit of cramping. I contacted GP Friday and asked for referral but judging by posts on here that could take a while. I’m on private HRT and contacted her last Wednesday so waiting to hear back from her too. I did spot once before but it swiftly stopped so didn’t follow up then. Probably that was foolish.

I had a coil and it needs removing. It was no worse than a smear test I found (last poster). A tiny bit of cramping afterwards.

Nellf

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2024, 06:18:23 PM »

Fizwhizz, thank you fro that, still a wee bit apprehensive.  Normally if your bleeding you'll get an ultrasound.  It all depends on how thick the lining of your womb is.  Mine was just over the 5mm threshold so off for a gynae check.  If your on private HRT then hopefully you should be seen relatively quickly.  I managed to have everything organised within 5 or so weeks by the NHS thankfully.  I also have a private consultant and she offered to do the procedures if the wait via my GP was too long.  Best to get these things checked and hopefully youdon't have too long to wait.  Your may just need your HRT tweaked  Hope all goes well x

Fizwhizz

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2024, 07:12:46 PM »

Fizwhizz, thank you fro that, still a wee bit apprehensive.  Normally if your bleeding you'll get an ultrasound.  It all depends on how thick the lining of your womb is.  Mine was just over the 5mm threshold so off for a gynae check.  If your on private HRT then hopefully you should be seen relatively quickly.  I managed to have everything organised within 5 or so weeks by the NHS thankfully.  I also have a private consultant and she offered to do the procedures if the wait via my GP was too long.  Best to get these things checked and hopefully youdon't have too long to wait.  Your may just need your HRT tweaked  Hope all goes well x

Thanks, I’m feeling anxious and in a bit of a pickle with everything. I assumed I needed HRT because of symptoms and my age and I wasn’t able to function. Now I suspect I have an under active thyroid too which may have been the problem all along or hasn’t helped. My private menopause GP upped my oestrogen coz it was low but under active thyroid can mean the oestrogen doesn’t clear from the system. I’m currently not diagnosed by NHS as bloods are ‘within range’ although I have many symptoms. Unfortunately those overlap with menopause ones too but HRT hasn’t been the answer for me and I’ve never felt great on it unlike others.

I can say the Mirena sorted out my horrible periods though. Unfortunately those can be a symptom of thyroid problems too not just menopause. I didn’t know that then. I can understand you feeling anxious though and it’s such a personal decision.

Nellf

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2024, 10:04:02 PM »

Fizzwhiz, had my biopsy today, wasn't pleasant but its done.  I had a coil fitted too.  I have an underactive thyroid, but have had it since my 20's.  Will just have to wait and see how the coil settles.  Gp check in 6 weeks.  Glad it's over.  Its a journey but hopefully we will get there.  Here's to feeling betterx

Fizwhizz

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2024, 09:26:58 AM »

Fizzwhiz, had my biopsy today, wasn't pleasant but its done.  I had a coil fitted too.  I have an underactive thyroid, but have had it since my 20's.  Will just have to wait and see how the coil settles.  Gp check in 6 weeks.  Glad it's over.  Its a journey but hopefully we will get there.  Here's to feeling betterx

I’m glad you’ve moved things forwards. It’s not nice having these procedures but at least it’s done.

I have a strong family history of thyroid issues and wonder how long mine’s been on the blink for. I have always felt like a block of ice apart. Horrendous periods are another symptom too.

Thanks. I hope the coil goes well for you.

Meno44

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2024, 04:41:30 PM »

Hi @Nellf

Sorry I’ve just seen your messages and seen you have already had the coil fitted.

I’m not to sure how I feel about the coil. I had minimal spotting but I’ve had some really bad stomach cramps. I don’t know if that’s because of the 3 biopsies that were taken (and each one was agony) or the coil or a combination of it all.

I have a GP appointment tomorrow but I’d be interested to hear if others have experienced quite bad cramps. It’s been 9 days.

Nellf

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2024, 09:32:27 PM »

Meno44, had some bad cramps the day of the procedure, but had a biopsy done at the same time.  So far, so good but it's only been a couple of days.  The consultant told me to continue taking my utrogestan vaginally for 6 week's to prevent any bleeding till the coil settles.  Follow up in 6 weeks to check everything is where it should be.  It's early days but fingers crossed no real effects so far.  O hope you get on OK with your GP.  I've heard that It can take a bit before things settle down after the coil is inserted.  You've had a rough time of it, with the biopsies and also having the coil fitted.  Hopefully things will settle down.  Keep us posted.  I'll let you know how I'm getting on too xx

Meno44

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2024, 08:02:41 PM »

I got the results from my hysteroscopy and thankfully they are all clear!

I spoke to my GP today regarding the coil and cramps I’m getting and he said what I thought he would which is to give it a few weeks to settle and if it’s still as bad then contact them again.

Northerngirl

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2024, 09:30:39 AM »

Great news on your results meno44

Meno44

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2024, 09:43:37 PM »

@Northerngirl, thank you. How did you get in with your appointment?

fiftyplus

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2024, 11:22:56 PM »

@Meno44 Great News on your results x :hug:

Northerngirl

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2024, 09:19:35 AM »

@Northerngirl, thank you. How did you get in with your appointment?
Hi, hysteroscopy/biopsy all done now....just have to wait for the results now
Pages: 1 [2]