Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How long until I feel better?  (Read 3755 times)

Abs75

How long until I feel better?
« on: January 10, 2024, 09:47:00 PM »

Hi ladies, I’m new to this forum and hoping for some reassurance from those of you who have been on hrt for a while.
I’ve been on Evorel sequi for less than a week and I know it’s early days but I’m just wondering if I should be feeling any differently yet? I’m 48 and perimenopausal. My main symptoms are erratic periods, insomnia, dry and thinning hair, night sweats and difficulty coping with my emotions. I put my second patch on 2 days ago and so far I’ve felt nothing at all either good or bad. I thought it would probably take a few weeks to kick in but then yesterday a friend of mine told me that she felt different within 2 days of starting hrt so now I’m wondering if I should be feeling something by now?

Joaniepat

Re: How long until I feel better?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 10:30:47 PM »

Hi Abs75, welcome to the Forum.
I think your friend was very lucky to notice any difference in just two days! However, we are all different. The normal routine is to give any new regime 2-3 months to settle and then review with your prescriber if necessary. I can understand your impatience though. Good luck!
JP x

Abs75

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 10:46:43 PM »

Hi JP and thanks for replying to me, maybe she is just remembering through rose tinted glasses then! I will try to be patient, I just can’t wait to feel like my normal self again, or at least to not feel like a fire breathing dragon! X

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 05:20:54 AM »

Flushes usually go within  a couple of weeks, my anxiety and insomnia took 3 months.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 07:46:01 AM »

Hi Abs75. When I started Evorel at age 53 my flushes were happening every 20 minutes and I did see a real reduction within two days so I was one of the lucky ones. As has been said it does take up to three months to receive the full benefit. Hot flushes and sweats are often the first meno symptom to respond.

You will find lots of support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Abs75

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 08:40:03 AM »

Thanks Taz & Sheila, that’s good to know. The main issue for me at the moment is feeling sad and sometimes angry, especially when kids or hubby are inconsiderate.  I keep a lid on it and try not to show it as best I can as I’m probably over feeling things but it is hard! I think I was stupidly expecting to feel some kind of miraculous change when I started the patches 🙄
Abi x

Abs75

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 01:53:23 PM »

No it’s not that at all, it’s more that I want my emotions to go back to being on an even keel as I’m normally more easy going. It’s just little things like my teens leaving dirty plates on the side or bringing a mass of dirty glasses down from bedroom after I’ve finished cleaning kitchen, not worth getting worked up about but lately my emotional reaction to things like that have been extreme!

Abs75

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 09:46:55 AM »

Thought I’d update, have now taken my 4th Evorel 50 patch and due to start the conti patches on Friday. I’m still not feeling any benefits whatsoever but for the past 2 days I’ve had what I would describe as a low level headache and feel extremely fatigued, I can hardly keep my eyes open sometimes. I wonder if this means the oestrogen is starting to take effect? If anyone else has felt like this on sequi how long did it last?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:33:50 PM by Abs75 »

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 09:14:19 AM »

How are you feeling now? You may find that during the conti patch weeks you might experience PMT type feelings but these may ease by the third month mark. If not then there are other progesterones to try. In some women the norethisterone in Evorel conti does have this side effect. Three months can seem a long time to wait for results but it is the only way to find out which type of HRT is going to work for you.

Taz x

Abs75

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 02:10:13 PM »

Hi Taz, I’m still feeling very tired. I put my first conti patch on on Friday and no pms as yet but thank you for the warning! I’m just disappointed that I’ve not felt hugely better yet like many others seem to do.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 05:47:59 PM »

It takes a while. My 'every 20 minutes hot sweats' resolved quickly but other symptoms took much longer.

Taz x