Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleeding  (Read 2578 times)

[email protected]

• First Flush
Heavy bleeding
« on: January 16, 2024, 08:38:19 PM »

Hi.just wondering if anyone else has experienced heavy bleeding and more frequent bleeding while on hrt patches. And what did you do to resolve the issue? As I'm bleeding extremely heavy and sometimes also experiencing two bleeds a month. I am feeling really drained and i have numbness in my fingers. I've been on evorel sequi patches for about eight months now. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heavy bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 08:50:38 PM »

Hi !  Tell us more about how your periods were behaving B4 you opted for HRT.  Why did you decide to use replacement, which symptom did U want to ease first?

U could put the HRT regime into the search box and make notes about the threads that pop up.  Let us know how you get on.

[email protected]

• First Flush
Re: Heavy bleeding
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 10:16:34 AM »

Thanks for your reply.
My periods were becoming irregular and were quite heavy. But I was having trouble with shortness of breath, numbness in my fingers, predominantly my left hand, chest pain and tightness. I had all the checks and anything heart related was ruled out. I had also had bouts of anaemia, with low levels of either b12, folic acid or iron. Went onto supplements for each, but these did not cure the numbness or breath issue. Eventually gp thought it might be peri menopausal and suggested hrt. I started to feel much better on them. Numbness and breath issue cleared up. Bleeding was a bit intermittent and slightly on the heavy side. But bearable. But this last month the bleeding was extremely heavy and now I'm having another two weeks after the last one started. And all the other symptoms are coming back. Hot flushes, pelvic discomfort, numbness and out of breath. Its just getting me down. I want to feel well again.